testtest

Break down of the differences between all the Springfield 1911’s?

All the SA 1911s do have one thing in common. 😉
I have three 1911's, all in 45ACP. They are a S&W 1911 PD commander, Springfield Emissary government and Dan Wesson Vigil commander. They're all accurate and reliable. The emissary is a bit of a pain in the butt to disassemble, assemble. The Vigil is I believe Dan Wesson's entry level model. It has a aluminum alloy frame, ramped barrel that is chamfered & polished from the factory. At 1300.00 is not what I'd call cheap but it is my go to pistol when I choose a 1911 for carry.

I have three 1911's, all in 45ACP. They are a S&W 1911 PD commander, Springfield Emissary government and Dan Wesson Vigil commander. They're all accurate and reliable. The emissary is a bit of a pain in the butt to disassemble, assemble. The Vigil is I believe Dan Wesson's entry level model. It has a aluminum alloy frame, ramped barrel that is chamfered & polished from the factory. At 1300.00 is not what I'd call cheap but it is my go to pistol when I choose a 1911 for carry.
1911's have been my go to preference for about 5 decades. Due to old eyes I've transitioned to red dot sighted M&P's in 9mm. My three 1911's are not optic ready and I really don't want to have the slides cut. I know there are dovetail mounted models but they set too high and are just ugly. If I purchase another pistol my wife is gonna shoot me with one of them. I don't have a huge collection around 50 including rifles, pistols, revolvers & shotguns. I'm concerned now how my wife will deal with my collection when I'm gone.

Back