testtest

BREAKING: ATF Writes Open Letter to all FFLs with FRT Warning

I kinda figured this was going to happen. Next will be the pistol braces…

Yup, we were talking about this at my LGS today. ATF is really pushing the envelope on enacting these decrees, shoehorning them into the NFA and GCA as machine-gun definitions like the bump-stock, which they all are not.

To classify aftermarket components as machine guns makes no sense to me. After all, by themselves they are merely parts. When assembled with other parts and components it becomes a firearm and/or machine gun. I wonder why they did not just include language to that affect.

Me too, no need for a FRT because 5-6 lb pull is plenty easy 60¢ a round or $16.80 per pmag.

But they’re really stretching the ambiguity of their definitions. What if the FRT were marketed as
”A sustainable, globally influenced cantilever that identifies as traditional” ?

Never forget that M. Garland has a yuuuge chip on his shoulder, we will always wonder if asked, could he…“ provide a definition of the word woman” ?

Besides the arm brace re-re examination again, could this be another mass attempt to eliminate as many FFL’s as possible again including those for any past sale of arm braces and FRT’s ?

The letter states, " some are and some are not machine guns." For clarification, please call your nearest field office. In other words, if you're too uninformed and trust your gov't agency, call up and get smacked down. Simple as that. This letter is just another in a line of gobbledygook they've been spouting. The FRT15s are still for sale and still legal as per existing definition.

To classify aftermarket components as machine guns makes no sense to me. After all, by themselves they are merely parts. When assembled with other parts and components it becomes a firearm and/or machine gun. I wonder why they did not just include language to that affect.
The ATF believes they know what your intent is. That's all they need. You have parts, well, it's your intent to build a naughty thing. You have to understand, the ATF has this ridiculous idea that they're above the law. They believe that they know what is best for you and society. If you are lucky, when they suspect you of something, you are notified. If they suspect you of something that they deem heinous, you will be notified around 2AM and your dog will most likely be a victim.
They should be focusing on smuggling in and out of the country. Coordinate with homeland security against foreign and domestic threats. Bonafide threats, not some jilted ex-lovers revenge plot.
We as Americans should be allowed suppressors, machine pistols , fully automatic whatever if we so choose with the caveat of a background check which we have now for firearm purchases. It shouldn't matter if I own a 3 round burst drum and safety or not. It shouldn't matter if I have an extra hole in my receiver or a drop-in sear, just as it shouldn't matter if I have a folding stock or a short barrel this or that. At the end of the day, It's our right to own, laid out in our bill of rights, it's our responsibility to not give up those rights.
I don't like alcohol, I don't preach prohibition to reduce drunk driving fatalities. What's the difference? Each right entails responsibility. The ATF is an over-reaching agency that should be abolished or admonished to doing its job and its job alone. You can't legislate by loose interpretation, it doesn't work that way.

The ATF believes they know what your intent is. That's all they need. You have parts, well, it's your intent to build a naughty thing. You have to understand, the ATF has this ridiculous idea that they're above the law. They believe that they know what is best for you and society. If you are lucky, when they suspect you of something, you are notified. If they suspect you of something that they deem heinous, you will be notified around 2AM and your dog will most likely be a victim.
They should be focusing on smuggling in and out of the country. Coordinate with homeland security against foreign and domestic threats. Bonafide threats, not some jilted ex-lovers revenge plot.
We as Americans should be allowed suppressors, machine pistols , fully automatic whatever if we so choose with the caveat of a background check which we have now for firearm purchases. It shouldn't matter if I own a 3 round burst drum and safety or not. It shouldn't matter if I have an extra hole in my receiver or a drop-in sear, just as it shouldn't matter if I have a folding stock or a short barrel this or that. At the end of the day, It's our right to own, laid out in our bill of rights, it's our responsibility to not give up those rights.
I don't like alcohol, I don't preach prohibition to reduce drunk driving fatalities. What's the difference? Each right entails responsibility. The ATF is an over-reaching agency that should be abolished or admonished to doing its job and its job alone. You can't legislate by loose interpretation, it doesn't work that way.
Absolutely 100% agree.

I’ll repeat what I have said on here for years.
“Will, there is a way”

9/11 = airplanes
OK City Fed building = fertilizer

Guns are not the issues.

(A novice with a spur of moment vengeance with a FRT, prob is putting 95% of the rounds in the ceiling anyway)

China has no firearms in private hands, as does UK for pistols. Yet many get stabbed yearly on public attacks by crazy folks or terrorism related.

I know nothing about these things. Educate me. Does is operate the firearm rapid fire at a rate similar to a select fire? Like a bump stock?
This is the guy directly taking on ATF&E. He also has detailed videos on his site describing exactly what takes place and how it does not fall under the description of a machine gun. Every action is separated and requires input. If you look up some of tactical pirate videos, he really makes them things sing.

OK I just watched a couple videos of this trigger in action and I see where the line is blurred between semi auto and full auto. The actual mechanics of the trigger aside, the rate of fire approaches or exceeds the rate of fire of some select fire weapons. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...I honestly think this thing meets the legislative intent in their definition of machineguns, but the law has not caught up with the technology. The law needs to be amended to either allow machineguns period, or clarify that anything that mimics the rate of fire of a machinegun is prohibited. LE hates nothing more than ambiguous statutes.

OK I just watched a couple videos of this trigger in action and I see where the line is blurred between semi auto and full auto. The actual mechanics of the trigger aside, the rate of fire approaches or exceeds the rate of fire of some select fire weapons. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...I honestly think this thing meets the legislative intent in their definition of machineguns, but the law has not caught up with the technology. The law needs to be amended to either allow machineguns period, or clarify that anything that mimics the rate of fire of a machinegun is prohibited. LE hates nothing more than ambiguous statutes.
The law is clearly written. The mechanics are clearly explained. It's been bantered about in some circles how the ATF have declared shoelaces and rubberbands as machineguns. In their mind, all they need is intent. By the same token, should Jerry Miculek have to register his trigger finger as a machine gun? It's not about rate of fire, and it shouldn't be. We as Americans should be able to possess whatever firearm we choose.
I have no love for the acronym agencies. It's no secret. The law is the law, as written and as such I will continue to live by those laws. I still wish for the abolition of ATF

I’m excited when companies come out with products such as the rare breed trigger and the brace. Claiming it turns your firearm into a machine gun os asinine. The problem with the BATF is they don’t have a black and white, it either is or isn’t. This trigger, which I don’t own but have seen in action for guys to get “as close” to rate of fire without purchasing and getting a class 3 all because it’s fun on the range. Practice? No. Fun? Yes. The brace is the same thing, as an SBR WITHOUT a 6 position stock and was made for individuals with disability’s. Black and white, is a brace on an AR pistol the same as an SBR? No. Is a rare breed trigger the same as going to full auto on a machine gun? No. That’s what I can’t stand with them….

Back