testtest

BREAKING: Barrett Firearms Bought By Australia’s NIOA

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Another shrimp on the "barbie".

All management and staff at the Murfreesboro manufacturing facility in Tennessee have been retained and production will continue as normal. Over time it is expected that manufacturing activities in Murfreesboro will be further expanded.

BREAKING: Barrett Firearms Bought

img_0049-660x440.jpg

Key word: Global

Was the brand doomed or saved?
Perhaps doomed due to our homeland civilian market Bans and forthcoming regulations.
So was it coming down to either sell off to a global arms supplier or just reading the tea leaves of eventually being forced out?

Easy enough to speculate that an acquisition like such was monopolistic expansion and operations with high expectations to better meet the needs based on current global unrest.

Wouldn’t be the first global conglomerate to scoop up a well regulated U.S. operation.

FYI
Back a while ago I was in contact with a group of long range boys. I have not talked to them in a while, I will try to get updated from them.

I was told by them that they were using 408CT, 338LA, 416B and .50 cal. and the 408CT was kicking butt. They tweaked the 408 round somehow and it was winning everything. That sent Ron Barrett ballistic and he went back into R&D to fix the 416. I never heard that Barrett fixed the 416, but I have lost track of those guys and I do not have current info.

If they didn't get the 416B running better, maybe Barrett's not doing so well and that is why they sold.
Quote:
In Future Weapons, Chris said that he had to develop a special propellant powder just for this bullet. And guess how long it took him to get the chemical composition right: 3 years!

New record shots: .408 CheyTac at 4540 yards​

Quote:
I am wanting to build myself a rifle that I can shoot at least 3000yds-two miles(3520yds). My two picks are the 408 Cheytac or the 50BMG. I have read articles that say the big 50 loses steam around 2900yds and I have read articles that say the 408 is the way to go if two miles is on the agenda.

1674608847109.gif

Not cool an American icon being sold to a country that doesn't even allow their citizens to own guns.
Was thinking the same. Barrett made a good stand in pulling out of CA firearm sales to CA LE and other CA gov agencies, so why sell the company to a nation-sized CA?

A close buddy of mine here in MT does biz directly with Mr. Barrett himself (they live in the same town up here), so I'll be curious as to his thoughts.

Back