testtest

Bridget’s Self-Defense SAINT Mods

Bridget,

While the AFG is nice & I've used them, but they're unnecessary bulky. And you have some loose wires in your light set-up. There are better options to integrate your support grip and wire set-up to consider.

If you want a larger hand stop.

If you don't like the above hand stops and want to keep your existing wiring set-up but dump the AFG and tie down the wires these are great.

With the hand-stop approach you use them to anchor your hand position and you actually grip the handguard itself by wrapping your hand around the handguard with your arm more extended. You'd have to reposition your light and wires compared to your existing set-up, like this.

1711296827040.png

It's a much more stable support hand positioning.

Regards...

My .02

BTW - A .223/5.56 really doesn't need a muzzle break & a standard A2 flash hider works fine, and there are suppressors that attach to the A2. The Forward Controls 6315 A2-type is more advanced to further reduce muzzle flash.

1711297142351.png

Last edited:
Bridget,

While the AFG is nice & I've used them, but they're unnecessary bulky. And you have some loose wires in your light set-up. There are better options to integrate your support grip and wire set-up to consider.

If you want a larger hand stop.

If you don't like the above hand stops and want to keep your existing wiring set-up but dump the AFG and tie down the wires these are great.

With the hand-stop approach you use them to anchor your hand position and you actually grip the handguard itself by wrapping your hand around the handguard with your arm more extended. You'd have to reposition your light and wires compared to your existing set-up, like this.

View attachment 54685

It's a much more stable support hand positioning.

Regards...

My .02

BTW - A .223/5.56 really doesn't need a muzzle break & a standard A2 flash hider works fine, and there are suppressors that attach to the A2. The Forward Controls 6315 A2-type is more advanced to further reduce muzzle flash.

View attachment 54686
I absolutely hate the “C” clamp method of holding.

Literally everywhere I shoot - even with professionals - they groan when someone rocks the C clamp.
Do they groan when little known amateur shooters like Jerry Miculek using the C-clamp grip?

1711305761251.png

Maybe they will also groan when they see Seal Team 6 guys like DJ Shipley using the C-clamp method.

Last edited:
Anytime you're gripping the handguard with your hand with the fingers wrapped around the handguard you're using a C-grip, no matter the orientation of the hand or the position of the hand.

AFGs are an ergonomic approach but overly bulky.

And some prefer the "popsicle" stick approach.

Anytime you're gripping the handguard with your hand with the fingers wrapped around the handguard you're using a C-grip, no matter the orientation of the hand or the position of the hand.

AFGs are an ergonomic approach but overly bulky.

And some prefer the "popsicle" stick approach.
I am not an AR shooter, but had not heard of anyone talking about a “C-Clamp” hold.

Nope, just when Tacticool wannabes do it. I’m sure you know the kind.
I'm used to fudds not agreeing with new techniques in the shooting sports.

Definitely not the tacticool type. I don't wear anything that comes off as LEO or mil type in my normal day to day nor do I wear special range attire.

C-clamp grip is beneficial when shooting AR style rifles but it doesn't carry over to a lot of other rifle types.

Last edited:
I am not an AR shooter, but had not heard of anyone talking about a “C-Clamp” hold.
The C-clamp grip feels natural when using an AR to shoot rapidly at multiple targets. This grip is not universal across all rifle platforms and wouldn't be too beneficial trying it with an AK type rifle.

That would be me, vertical foregrip is easier for me to hold.
I use a vertical foregrip on a CZ Scorpion SBR because it just feels natural. I also installed one on a Springfield Hellion which also feels natural shooting with it on that rifle. I don't typically use vertical grips on any other rifle types as a matter of personal preference.

The C-clamp grip feels natural when using an AR to shoot rapidly at multiple targets. This grip is not universal across all rifle platforms and wouldn't be too beneficial trying it with an AK type rifle.
I dont grip my rifles from the side. Even without a VFG. Doesnt feel right to me. Like I said earlier. Cant stand it. Some love it and can rock it out. Have at it.

I'm used to fudds not agreeing with new techniques in the shooting sports.

Definitely not the tacticool type. I don't wear anything that comes off as LEO or mil type in my normal day to day nor do I wear special range attire.

C-clamp grip is beneficial when shooting AR style rifles but it doesn't carry over to a lot of other rifle types.
I’m many things. Fudd isn’t one of them. Wasn’t saying you are tacticool, far from it, simply saying we all see those guys at the range.

I’m many things. Fudd isn’t one of them. Wasn’t saying you are tacticool, far from it, simply saying we all see those guys at the range.
Sorry, I wasn't calling you a fudd...😂

I was referencing that I come across guys at the range that just won't accept newer shooting styles because of old beliefs.

I do know what you mean about those guys at the range. Ive seen them in force especially at the rental ranges.

Last edited:
Almost everyone is actually using a C clamp. Lots of people use a very exaggerated version of it. I have tried it. It doesn’t work for me. But then what the hell do I know. I’m also using push/pull on an AR ( it’s not just for shotguns anymore 😉). Laugh if you want but my split times are good.

Back