testtest

Bruce willis diagnosed with dementia.

it's a crying shame that we live in times with some of the greatest scientists, from all over the globe, and no cure for dementia or Alzheimer's. (as well as many other diseases)

like many others here, i too have lost a few friends, and family to this disease, and it's heartbreaking, as all you can do is watch the person wither away.

i'd rather die of a sudden heart attack, and be done with it, rather than to be slowly eaten away, and have my family suffer a long agonizing death watch .

It's a horrible thing, my wife has had it for three years now and has slowly gotten worse. i wouldn't wish it on anyone. you feel so bad for them, especially when they were active and had an excellent memory before they got it.

I have to cook and do everything now, bless her heart. she knows what's happening and it really depresses her. every day is a new adventure for them, what they liked yesterday they won't like today. it's tough to watch and people have said why don't i put her in a home. that ain't happenin. long as i can take care of her i will.

It's a horrible thing, my wife has had it for three years now and has slowly gotten worse. i wouldn't wish it on anyone. you feel so bad for them, especially when they were active and had an excellent memory before they got it.

I have to cook and do everything now, bless her heart. she knows what's happening and it really depresses her. every day is a new adventure for them, what they liked yesterday they won't like today. it's tough to watch and people have said why don't i put her in a home. that ain't happenin. long as i can take care of her i will.
You are a god sent you have a beautiful soul my man god bless you and your beautiful wife

just be careful and take care of yourself as well.

this has happened in my family/relatives, and the care giver is many times more prone to sickness due to lack of sleep, proper eating, and taking care of thier own health. my cousin died, long before his wife that had dementia did.

it's noble to take care of our loved ones, but we really do suffer more than they do, and get sickly all too often. it takes a toll on the survivor.

She is lucky to have you. God bless you both and give you the strength for you to help give her.

I tell people I learned more about myself when I cared for my wife during her cancer thsn I ever suspected I would.

Disregard the above post. I was half asleep I guess and didn't remember the facts correctly. The drug is for autism only at this point and has been in use since 1994, not 1949. The doc is from Langone Medical Institute,. Sorry all, especially to Belt Fed! :(

Last edited:
My Dad passed 31 years ago. He had Alzheimers the last 10 years of his life. It is heartbreaking for friends and family to watch the person you know fade away like that.
My 82 year old dad is slipping into it now. It's a major drag.

Back on point, it's sad about Bruce. I really like that guy.

My Dad's oldest brother came down with this when I was in my early teens. The entire family was afraid the next oldest brother, and then my Dad, would get it. Thankfully, they didn't. These cognitive decline diseases are high on the list as the cruelest ailments for the victims, their families, and friends.

Back