testtest

Bucket List?

Oaktree45

Master Class
Do you have a bucket list? Although I didn’t call it a bucket list at the time, mine began in grade school. The first three places on my list were the pyramids of Egypt, Old Faithful in Yellowstone, and Monument Valley (thanks to cowboy movies). Having been raised in a middle-class family, I knew the pyramids were a long shot, but I promised myself when I became an adult, I would see Old Faithful and Monument Valley.

My life has been blessed and I was able to not only visit all three, but I was also was able to complete most (not all) of the things I added to the list as I grew older. Two things still remain on my list, visiting Glacier National Park in Montana and flying in a plane faster than the speed of sound. I still kick myself for not booking a flight on the Concorde. The Concorde retired the same year I did, 2003. Perhaps I’ll live long enough to fly on the airplane Boom Supersonic is developing.

So what’s on your bucket list if you have one?

IMG_6244_1.jpg

egypt2 306_1.jpg

Since this is a firearms forum I guess I should add a photo of one of the members of the security detail assigned to our tour group when we visited the pyramids. His magazine was showing.

View attachment 57256
hey he looks familiar
our trip there in 2000 we had 5 armed dudes on the bus. plus the antiquities police all around.
they meant business
bucket list in egypt has to include the great pyramid, going inside to the bottom of one of the pyramids,
the whole giza plaza, and sphinx. just dont turn around as there is a KFC and pizza hut across the street in a huge shopping area
then the museum of natural history, the old one then then new one in cairo ...
it was quite a place, we started in alexandria, and the bus had to be off the highway by dusk, so we slept in a parking lot in front of a huge jewlery suk near giza.

egypt is like the place where everything began so to speak. incredible place to visit, if you are a history person

i had a bucket list of to fly on concorde from paris to new york, , stay over and fly back 2 days later
but it got terminated before i could get that done. i had tried when we were visiting
Marseille, France for a week, but the ships captain and our squardon CO said NO WAY dude,
so we spent a week on Paris, eating, drinking and WALKING

paris was a great bucket list item, taking the elevator to the top of the Eiffel tower was out of this world .

Attachments

• MUSEM.JPG
    MUSEM.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 12
  • P4230020.JPG
    P4230020.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 12
  • INSIDE MUSEUM2.JPG
    INSIDE MUSEUM2.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 14
  • TUT.JPG
    TUT.JPG