testtest

Bud's Gun Shop..??

It isn't anyone's responsibility except the purchaser to know the local law where they live. Firearms dealers are not under any obligation to check the local laws where every single customer lives. I almost guarantee you at some point in the on-line sale there was a disclaimer similar to this. "All sales are final, it is your responsibility to know the local laws".

The only reason there was a settlement in the Remington case is the new owners obviously decided it was cheaper to pay than to go to court. And the criteria for the lawsuit was completely different.

Bud's will not go out of business and they will not be held liable. The lawsuit against them will almost certainly be thrown out. And that's without even taking into account the new Bruen rules for determining the constitutionality of laws like the Highland Park ban on "Assault weapons", which when one of those finally gets to a courtroom those laws will be tossed out as well.

The sole responsibility lands on the shop who transfered the firearm and the NCIS data base. Let us also not forget it also falls on the law enforcement side to update criminal records in a timely manner. Another shooting in Illinois happened because the shooter was able to buy a firearm only because another states law enforcement failed to upload the name and charges to the data base which would have denied him the purchase.
Here in Illinois we've had a 3 day wait for a long time. In the last two years it has ran longer than 3 days to get the approval or denial. In the past the dealer could go ahead and transfer the firearm after the 3 day wait even if the background check had not came back yet.
My last two purchases one came back before I left the store, the other took 7 days to come back approved. So a one day difference and a store 50 miles away had a multi day difference in my state of Illinois.

The sole responsibility lands on the shop who transfered the firearm and the NCIS data base. Let us also not forget it also falls on the law enforcement side to update criminal records in a timely manner. Another shooting in Illinois happened because the shooter was able to buy a firearm only because another states law enforcement failed to upload the name and charges to the data base which would have denied him the purchase.
Here in Illinois we've had a 3 day wait for a long time. In the last two years it has ran longer than 3 days to get the approval or denial. In the past the dealer could go ahead and transfer the firearm after the 3 day wait even if the background check had not came back yet.
My last two purchases one came back before I left the store, the other took 7 days to come back approved. So a one day difference and a store 50 miles away had a multi day difference in my state of Illinois.
How is the shop or any place of purchase responsible when a background check is required for the citizen to buy

my state (RI) has a mandatory 8 day waiting period. during the covid/pandemic/BLM/ANTIFA rioting crisis, my governor, under "protest" from all the cities police chiefs, made that waiting period "up to" 30 days, as they were swamped with background checks, as way too many people were running to gun stores to buy whatever they could.

of course, people like me, with a ccw, can buy and walk out with in minutes.

my state (RI) has a mandatory 8 day waiting period. during the covid/pandemic/BLM/ANTIFA rioting crisis, my governor, under "protest" from all the cities police chiefs, made that waiting period "up to" 30 days, as they were swamped with background checks, as way too many people were running to gun stores to buy whatever they could.

of course, people like me, with a ccw, can buy and walk out with in minutes.
Here in the people's republic, we are not afforded that courtesy. We wait just like everyone else, CCW or not

Here in the people's republic, we are not afforded that courtesy. We wait just like everyone else, CCW or not
well the mom/pop, bait/gun store i go to..??

will make you wait the 8 days, even with that ccw...needless to say, i just don't buy guns there anymore, but if something interests me, then i do...but it is rare, very rare.

i asked why, since the ccw means i have been "cleared" thru everyone possible to get that ccw....., AG's office, city police dept, which includes finger printing.

answer was, "cuz it's always been thier policy"

i think personally, no one there wants to take the time to call NCIS, like the other store i prefer to buy from.

It’s standard operating procedure for civil case attorneys.
Selling something legal and then it’s used in a criminal act has never been successful point in a criminal case argument. Find every entity regardless of how deep the coffers are and sue. Quick settlement and fame is paramount. But still, the loon shooter doesn’t have a pot to p-ss in, parents may see their home/assets liquidated, but if BGS doesnt want bad press, they’ll settle first, then they go after the next bag of assets and so on.
We will never know (if) the non-disclosed settlement will be, but the law firm(s) will get to garner a 40% cut.
In wrongful death cases, even in individual one-on-one suits, a defendant assets, ability to pay/ earn and all future assets are the main considerations when deciding awards.
There will be no negligence found on the part of BGS, they abided by the rules.
There’s probably more to the story we don’t know. I know BGS doesn’t ship everything to IL including ammo, and follows the local laws. The receiving FFL is still and unknown, BGS may be an acting point of sale distributor, the firearm had to wind up in the hands of a FFL, also in question as to its definition if “assault-style“ or rifle, pistol, etc.
The shooter knew what he was doing and maybe had found a loophole beyond the control or responsibility of BGS. Either way this has been the anti-2A platform …just Ban everything.

The only place that could have an issue was the local gun shop IF there was such a restriction on that type of firearm. My part time gig is doing gunbrowker dor a gun shop and several states that have laws we have to have an e mail that the dealer accepts responsibility and pinning mags or whatever.

Buds I am sure has similar follow through it in fact it was restricted by that local jurisdiction

Folks like to sling mud especially civil suit attorneys. Buds isn’t going anywhere. The local dealer it depends.

The whole case is almost like the Newtown Mom that gave her jacked up kid all the guns except she didn’t survive to be questioned!

Back