testtest

Built deadfall blind

Sld1959

Hellcat
Found three dead falls that landed in sonething of a triangleon each other right by the swamp. Huge rubs and scrapes on the edge of the swamp so I built a blind on second day in the deadfall, nice and comfy.

20231123_151342.jpg

20231123_151350.jpg

Dead falls are all I used for most of my hunting life. Just add a hunting stool and you can be setup quick and ready to go.

A few years back, after being charged by a bear coming to see what my orange hat sticking up was and getting older so looking for comfort, I found a 1.5 wide, 18' high treestand on sale and been hunting in comfort since. I added a nice padded seat cushion, cup holder, rifle rack, heated vest and tree umbrella for those drizzly days. The other hunters call it my Barco lounger. I can truly enjoy the woods in comfort now.

The tree umbrella really did it's job a month ago during the the early season senior hunt. 😉

I've gotten a deer every year since I've had the treestand.

Dead falls are all I used for most of my hunting life. Just add a hunting stool and you can be setup quick and ready to go.

A few years back, after being charged by a bear coming to see what my orange hat sticking up was and getting older so looking for comfort, I found a 1.5 wide, 18' high treestand on sale and been hunting in comfort since. I added a nice padded seat cushion, cup holder, rifle rack, heated vest and tree umbrella for those drizzly days. The other hunters call it my Barco lounger. I can truly enjoy the woods in comfort now.

The tree umbrella really did it's job a month ago during the the early season senior hunt. 😉

I've gotten a deer every year since I've had the treestand.

I used to use tree stands. We used to build permanent ones and I had a couple climbers. Killed a lot of deer no doubt, but at some point I found a nice big tree about 3/4 of the way up the ridge where I could see exactly where I set up my dad's blind
( complete with comfy chair and heater) and keep an eye on him. Somehow I found the same tree every year. I cleared the leaves out around it and sat down with my back against the tree, facing down the ridge. I killed more deer from that spot than all the other deer I killed my entire life put together. More than once I was awakened by a noise that happened to be a nice buck less than 20 yards from me. :cool:

After logging timber, I hunted from tree tops for years. I tied a camo tarp over the top & back with paracord. Piled brush on top. Closed up the front, I had deer so close I could reach out and poke'em. Lol

Back