testtest

Bulls vs. Bushings: Which 1911 System Is Better?

Can you get a tool less guide rod for the Ronin EMP4?
Not sure. To be honest.. I play in the double stack 1911/2011 market, not the traditional.
Seeing as there are Atlas tool less in 4.25, 4.4 and 5… you ”may” have to have a quality fab shop cut/weld/machine one to get a true “tool less”.
I’m not a fan of the paper clip ones. I see EGW has one for yours.

Frankly, going way outside the box here. Staccato C2 is a 3.9” barrel and has a dual spring master recoil system… it “may” be an option.
However, standard disclaimer. I’m no Gunsmith, I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn last night, and YMMV…:)

Yeah, but running a 1911 is like driving a Model T at Indy…and winning.
Well said Hans…well said :)
Gotta admit, was never really a fan of the platform, still don’t care for the .45ACP round. But, starting with a Prodigy and now a pair of Staccatos… I’m sold on the platform, double stacked of course :)

Comfortable with what I know and use. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

Can you get a tool less guide rod for the Ronin EMP4?

I got a flatwire kit from Wilson for my original 4" EMP4. I'm unsure if the newer Ronin EMP4 is any different. Check with Wilson, the kit I used made take down easy without the "tool". Racking the slide took less effort.

Most of my 1911 pistols have bushings, but I have a 4" Kimber with a bull barrel that is actually my favorite to carry as it's all stainless and oem round butt.

I've got both, and I really don't see a purpose for a bull barrel. Seems like a solution that was in search of a problem. Much like full length guide rods. I've been tempted on multiple occasions to reconfigure my bull barreled pistol with a new barrel and rig it for a regular bushing and GI guide rod. Easier to take down and piece back together, and no less accurate. Maybe competition shooters get a smidge of benefit out of a heavier barrel for recoil control, but outside that arena I'd rather have a regular barrel and bushing.

I've got both, and I really don't see a purpose for a bull barrel. Seems like a solution that was in search of a problem. Much like full length guide rods. I've been tempted on multiple occasions to reconfigure my bull barreled pistol with a new barrel and rig it for a regular bushing and GI guide rod. Easier to take down and piece back together, and no less accurate. Maybe competition shooters get a smidge of benefit out of a heavier barrel for recoil control, but outside that arena I'd rather have a regular barrel and bushing.
Have a SA Emissary that I rarely shoot because it's such PITA to clean. Thinking seriously about trading it for a different SA 1911.

Back