testtest

Calling all Safe Queens

Son_of_a_Gun (SOAG)

Alpha
Founding Member
I’m just curious to see what’s in your collection that comes out for the show and not to go? Here’s some from me ... the rarely seen and rarely heard of Chiappa Rhino (s) ... DS 40 🦏 DS 50 🦏 and DS 60 🦏 Love ‘em or not these are a few of my Safe Queens.

Attachments

• C3197E6C-472C-43AB-BEEE-00B5A95700E3.jpeg
    C3197E6C-472C-43AB-BEEE-00B5A95700E3.jpeg
    809.8 KB · Views: 256
I buy them to shoot. I won't have something I'm afraid I'll scratch up. I want other people to shoot my pistols and maybe enjoy it as much as I do.

I've been recently collecting old military weapons and such, that I find online and at gun shows. After through cleaning and inspection, I will fire them, but then I'll put them away. I may fire them again as I'll never say never, but I don't want to stress them as some were costly and I'd like to preserve my investments as much as possible. Some of these include: 1940's era M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, German P08 "Black Widow", P38, Colt 1911 (1918 "Black Army"), several Mosin Nagant models, several SKS's, several Mausers from different countries, Original (bought used), Colt Python and Anaconda (already fired these at the range), and my most costly investment, a Winchester 1873 44-40 rifle with Born On Date of 1889. This was test fired by a gunsmith who checked out the gun and did an extensive cleaning. He mentioned it still had good rifling and wooden stock and furniture still had most of original patina. He also said it was fairly accurate considering it's age and some deterioration of rifling/Barrel due to lead build up and Black powder use.

I've been recently collecting old military weapons and such, that I find online and at gun shows. After through cleaning and inspection, I will fire them, but then I'll put them away. I may fire them again as I'll never say never, but I don't want to stress them as some were costly and I'd like to preserve my investments as much as possible. Some of these include: 1940's era M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, German P08 "Black Widow", P38, Colt 1911 (1918 "Black Army"), several Mosin Nagant models, several SKS's, several Mausers from different countries, Original (bought used), Colt Python and Anaconda (already fired these at the range), and my most costly investment, a Winchester 1873 44-40 rifle with Born On Date of 1889. This was test fired by a gunsmith who checked out the gun and did an extensive cleaning. He mentioned it still had good rifling and wooden stock and furniture still had most of original patina. He also said it was fairly accurate considering it's age and some deterioration of rifling/Barrel due to lead build up and Black powder use.
Looks like your building a nice collection. Congratulations!

Back