testtest

Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

IF, it hits the market, I will look at it, like every other contender I have seen in the past 50 years. IF, I find it an improvement, at a reasonable price I will buy it.

Right now, you are trying to sell a dream. Time will tell if you can pull a final product off with production capabilities to make it economically viable.

I wish you luck, I truly do. But you need to understand, you are not the first wide eyed inventor aiming at the 1911s throne that has come along. And there is a reason so few make it, and that the 1911 is still a popular choice.
Dream? Not really. In America's economy today, if you're not disrupting the industry you're already dead in the water. I don't know about being wide eyed. I'm definitely focused and determined. You are correct about affordability. It is the simple designs that are the most robust and by their nature, inexpensive. My design is no where near the complexity of the Desert Eagle's gas system.

This one has been in the family since 1930. If I had to sell every firearm I own (over 100), this would be the last. I’ve asked to be buried with it, actually.I don’t know if it was Brownings best (that really has to go to the M2), but it’s pretty darned close.View attachment 20672
I sleep with my 1911 these days. Rutherford County, TN is a dangerous place. Maybe, and only if I'm successful, I might be buried with my new handgun. If I'm not successful, being buried with my 1911 is certainly an option. Like you, I will always have confidence in the 1911.

Your opening sentence threw all cred out the window.
Go pal around with a Marine or Coastie so we can take everything else said seriously.

😉
😆😆😆😆😆🤪🤪
I wasn't just in military intelligence during my 18 years of service. And I wasn't always an officer. You can take what I say seriously, especially if you want to know about the future of the firearms industry.

The major thing that keeps me coming back to the 1911 as my primary carry gun is the ergonomics of it. It fits my hand better than any other pistol I've used. The thumb safety is perfectly under my thumb, I can reach the magazine release with a slight twist, slide in a fresh magazine and my thumb naturally comes to rest on the slide stop to release it. I can lower the hammer with one hand with no issues. When I look at a distant object and close my eyes and bring the gun up and open my eyes again the sights are where I expect them to be.

I can reliably shoot a 2"-3" group with it at 25 yards. Hell I once even kept a magazine worth under 3" at 50 yards.

I know that I can rely on my 1911 to function when I need it.

I think John Browning would be very pleased to see that his gun has stood the test of time and outlasted so many others.

As for polymer frames and scandium slides, no thank you, not for me. I like the feel of an all steel gun on my hip. I like the weight of it in my hands.

The 1911 has been the most popular handgun design around for over 110 years because a lot of thought, effort, trial and error went into making it one of the most reliable, accurate and ergonomic pistols around.
I like a challenge.

I like a challenge.
Unfortunately you lose me with three items:

polymer frame
scandium slide
proprietary trigger

-My personal preference is for all metal frame guns, preferably steel, but I do like my P220.
-Again I prefer a nice steel slide. I look forward to seeing the recoil system you would have to invent to be able to use a scandium slide with a 10mm 200gr slug traveling at 1000fps, in a compact pistol. A challenge indeed.
-Again personal issue but I despise the word proprietary and anything it pertains to. No Apple anything for me.

I believe that firearm innovation has been driven by technical innovation in ammo design. Look how the minnie ball brought about rifled barrels for military arms, and how the advent of brass casing brought about changes in firearms that we still use today. There have been several attempts to use caseless ammo, but the market for such never materialized. But folks continued to use their muzzle loaders well into the 1900's. Just takes time I guess. The question is if one does "invent" a better mouse trap will the gov't allow it to be sold to the general public?

Military Intelligence is an oxymoron sort of like a mini disaster, an accurate estimate, or as I describe plastic guns: imperfect perfection.
Hey you! I'll have you know I served in Military Intelligence when I was in the Army.

To say Military Intelligence is an oxymoron is an insult to hardworking decent oxymorons everywhere.
MI is a complete and utter Charlie Foxtrot.

I too have salivated over the new Colt King Cobra 3".
I shouldn't want one so much, because I already have something "better." Limited run Smith 66 with 3" barrel. Nearly perfect weight for shooting, and lovely hi-viz adjustable sights. The Smith K and Colt D cylinders are almost identical in diameter, but the new Colt KC's fixed sights should be sturdier, and the butt might be a little shorter, and the weight is quite a few ounces less, making it more comfortable for EDC. Having a hard time talking myself into laying out $1K+ for the new KC; trading or parting with the 66 is not an option because it's just about the perfect "all around" .357 (will do anything a full-size 4" .357 will do, but is much more carryable).

M66a.jpg

Back