testtest

Can Shooting Give You TBI?

Serving in the Field Artillery we accumulated years of blast overpressure from the main cannon, .50 Cal MGs, 40mm MG, etc. My personal recommendation is to invest in good hearing protection and avoid the situations mentioned in the article, if possible.

I don’t agree with the opinion of the article, 3 shots from a 50BMG and you get a hemorrhage? Or pigs do? I haven’t had one nor any prior military buddies have had any signs of one. I’ve had my head scanned too. Proper hearing protection to protect the ear drums, but the concussion from a muzzle blast is crazy. A train horn or truck horn can cause concussion.

I know that if I’m at a busy indoor range, I’ll feel like my bell got rung for a little while afterwards...it’ll be worse if somebody is cranking off heavy magnums or a short barreled rifle in an adjacent lane.

When my friends and I go now, we pick off hours on weekdays...go first thing on a Monday or Wednesday morning, you tend to have the range to yourself.

I know that if I’m at a busy indoor range, I’ll feel like my bell got rung for a little while afterwards...it’ll be worse if somebody is cranking off heavy magnums or a short barreled rifle in an adjacent lane.

When my friends and I go now, we pick off hours on weekdays...go first thing on a Monday or Wednesday morning, you tend to have the range to yourself.
Ditto. I go to the range during the weekdays, when most people [used to be] were at work.

Back