testtest

Can You Bulletproof Your Head?

Interesting.

Penetrating trauma, prevented...and that’s what'll most likely kill you on the spot. This is not inconsequential.

But if the back was deforming with a .22...odds are the 9’s or heavier calibers are going to do some serious blunt force trauma damage. Skull fractures, concussions, swelling of the brain...expect it. It will be roughly the equivalent of getting a solid hit in the forehead with the ball end of a ball-peen hammer.

It'll save your life, probably, but I doubt you'll still be in the fight afterwards.

Great article. I think you portrayed the product fairly. Khaki color for out in the heat! I like the shield in the picture too.

Interesting.

Penetrating trauma, prevented...and that’s what'll most likely kill you on the spot. This is not inconsequential.

But if the back was deforming with a .22...odds are the 9’s or heavier calibers are going to do some serious blunt force trauma damage. Skull fractures, concussions, swelling of the brain...expect it. It will be roughly the equivalent of getting a solid hit in the forehead with the ball end of a ball-peen hammer.

It'll save your life, probably, but I doubt you'll still be in the fight afterwards.

Still gonna get concussed, IMHO, and that may be enough to take you out of the fight. This product may be ok for EDC for security guards, but if I think I'm gonna need serious head protection, I'm just gonna get a helmet (shopping around for one right now, as a matter of fact)...

Most helmets are IIIA rated and AR500 Armor is planning on releasing soon (2020 insanity including the beer bug & lockdowns notwithstanding) a level III steel helmet called the 'militia'. It will be a game changer when it's finally released. They did extensive testing and there was in fact a limited window where these helmets were actually being sold and delivered right before the CV19 lockdowns began. They have also said they intend to offer a LEVEL IV UPGRADE KIT... which would be the FIRST LEVEL IV HELMET EVER MADE...

So yeah I'm shopping around for ballistic headwear.

Interesting Product but...

I've got to agree with some of the previous comments. As a retired 34+ year Law Enforcement professional who wore ballistic vests most of my adult life, I've seen the blunt force trauma the body takes from a handgun caliber hit on the torso that was successfully stopped by the wearer's ballistic vest. It ain't pretty! I can almost guarantee that someone struck in the ballistic panel of this hat will suffer some significant damage including possible skull fracture, blunt force trauma to the brain, etc. I guess it's better than the alternative though...

Note* - Image attached is a "stock" image but is representative of what I have seen in the field!

bruise.jpeg

Back