testtest

Can You CCW a Double-Stack 1911?

Again, a CCW article without supporting photos. Not one photo showing just how much this setup does or does not print on the writer. Every photo is a "commercial" for either the firearm, the optic, the light, or the holster.

EDIT: Okay, so I watched the video and it provides what is missing if you just read the article. However, he does state that a T-shirt works just as well but does not demonstrate it. Also, at 6'4", he is much taller than average. I don't think this will win over any persons of average size to try to carry duty sized pistols concealed.

Last edited:
Considering I used to conceal a Glock 21 all the time…a widebody 1911 is a non-issue.

Seriously, it would be nice if Armory Life would stop the clickbait BS titles.

Michael - how tall are you?
I'm 6foot2
235 pounds
With my body shape it's hard to hide anything without some printing.
I don't worry about it.
I worry more about carrying something I can shoot accurate, reliably, as opposed to how well I can hide it.
I'm not trying to be cynical.
Just speaking from experience.
Under stress I can shoot a full size weapon better.
When the gun gouges my side or gets heavy I tell myself " This is what freedom feels like! "

I understand that an average height and weight person could conceal a 5" 1911. I'm 5'4 and carry a 4.25" RO often, my only issue remains printing of the frame being visible. How can I break up that printing? is it simply wearing a coat or another shirt over my t shirt?
I'm 5'6, 170, wear a 36 pant and live in S Florida. My EDC is a 3.5" 1911 that I carry AIWB in a leather holster by MTR. I'm retired so it's T-shirts & shorts and all but 3 of my T's are solids (although patterns will hide printing). My MTR is my first purpose-built AIWB rig, and as the case with AIWB's, the gun's grip rides a little high. Short-barrel guns tend to be top-heavy and want to flop out and print - even with the claw and wedge - so I did 2 things: 1) I carry with 65gr copper/poly rounds and 2) adjusted the belt clip for a deeper concealment. There's no discomfort bending or sitting and minimal printing even in a tan T-shirt. BUT - because of the deeper concealment, I practice the sweep/draw daily lest I dig down in a panic and come up with something ... else. ;)

It seems there is a trend moving back to fuller sized frames for CC, especially amongst the younger crowd. I spoke with a young man at H&H Gun Range in OKC, he stated that he and his buddies all CC full-size frames. He carries a Sig P320 X-Carry Full-size while his buddy carries a CZ P210F. The CZ is a beast!

Every review I have read/seen, says the Prodigy isn't all that good, and that there are much better pistols available at a much lower price. The Canik SF is mentioned often.

Walther makes excellent strikers. Their triggers are hard to beat. VP9 is a fantastic striker. Sig Legions are supposed to be amazing.
Agreed. My PDP has a better trigger than either of the VP9s I used to own. I own a P320 Legion X-Carry as well - I'd say my $540 Walther has a better trigger even than the Legion, and has every bit as much build quality, if not more so.

Agreed. My PDP has a better trigger than either of the VP9s I used to own. I own a P320 Legion X-Carry as well - I'd say my $540 Walther has a better trigger even than the Legion, and has every bit as much build quality, if not more so.
The PPQ has a little better trigger than the VP9, but as for the whole package I prefer the VP9 over the PPQ. I have yet to handle a PDP, but I would like to. I have a Q5 Match and it's very nice, but not really suited for carry. For me anyway.

I got my Q5 first and opted for the button mag release. Later I got a VP9 with the paddles and now I wish I had opted for the paddles with the Walther. It's just a range gun though. And I might sell it anyway.

I think any decent pistol/handgun can be carried comfortably concealed, with a holster the carrier is comfortable using.
That is why I am making my own custom holsters for me. I have acquired a few different ones over the years and found few that fit my shape well.
Enjoyed the presentation and the design.

Back