testtest

Can you just buy a Hellcat slide set up for optics?

I made the same mistake by originally buying a non-OSP Hellcat and then later regretting it and wanting an OSP model.

I sold my non optic ready Hellcat and purchased a new (could have gotten a used one cheaper) OSP model. I lost about $150 on the deal, but ended up with a new gun with a factory warranty.

Some might think that’s a huge waste of $$$, but in the end I got what I wanted without a hassle.

I made the same mistake by originally buying a non-OSP Hellcat and then later regretting it and wanting an OSP model.

I sold my non optic ready Hellcat and purchased a new (could have gotten a used one cheaper) OSP model. I lost about $150 on the deal, but ended up with a new gun with a factory warranty.

Some might think that’s a huge waste of $$$, but in the end I got what I wanted without a hassle.
The warranty would have applied to the used gun…Springfield offers a lifetime warranty.

Yep.

They won’t warranty the modification, but the rest, as long as the modification doesn’t touch it…covered.
Got it.

The other added benefit, although I didn’t think about it at the time, was that the new OSP model I bought (after selling the original non-optic cut) was that the new Gen 2 had the enhanced trigger.

Getting ready to take this bad boy to the range and put some 124gr HST and 124gr Punch through it. First time trying out the optic on this gun.

Attachments

• F27D7997-5C2B-4CE5-B8E9-C6130732B757.jpeg
    F27D7997-5C2B-4CE5-B8E9-C6130732B757.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,157
  • FEF5F628-4A07-48C1-8EB4-16123503102C.jpeg
    FEF5F628-4A07-48C1-8EB4-16123503102C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 672
Got it.

The other added benefit, although I didn’t think about it at the time, was that the new OSP model I bought (after selling the original non-optic cut) was that the new Gen 2 had the enhanced trigger.

Getting ready to take this bad boy to the range and put some 124gr HST and 124gr Punch through it. First time trying out the optic on this gun.
I think I will just buy another pistol rather than trying to modify the one I have.

I have decided I want to equip my Hellcat with one of those little red dots.

Will SA sell just a slide with the cut out?

What red dot are most people having success with?
I kept an eye on eBay for an optics slide and everything else but the frame $300.

Or trade it in for one with a milled slide. You may lose a little but it may be cheaper than buying just a slide.
This would probably be even save you on having the slide milled plus even if it's a wash you still get a new gun for pretty much the same investment.

Back