testtest

Can You Threat-Focus Shoot?

Timely article since I recently took ownership of my very own XDM Elite tactical OSP. I equipped it with the Leupold DP Pro which, by default, is going to make me give up the irons. Because it sits so high on the slide, I can't use the suppressor height sights that come on the pistol. I could get the Leupold add-on rear sight (installs on the back of the DP Pro chassis), but I think I'll wait and see how it goes with just the dot.

I've been able to hit the range just once, but I think it's the first time in my shooting "career" that I've put that many rounds through the same hole 🤔 I agree this thing is the proverbial tack-driver!

Thanks!

Timely article since I recently took ownership of my very own XDM Elite tactical OSP. I equipped it with the Leupold DP Pro which, by default, is going to make me give up the irons. Because it sits so high on the slide, I can't use the suppressor height sights that come on the pistol. I could get the Leupold add-on rear sight (installs on the back of the DP Pro chassis), but I think I'll wait and see how it goes with just the dot.

I've been able to hit the range just once, but I think it's the first time in my shooting "career" that I've put that many rounds through the same hole 🤔 I agree this thing is the proverbial tack-driver!

Thanks!
I would like to hear your thoughts on the DP, after you take it out.

Target focused shooting is better in most situations when extreme precision isn't necessary - a lot of people actually have accuracy improve because they learn to accept the wobble better rather than snatch the trigger right when they think they saw the sight picture they wanted.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the DP, after you take it out.
Buy a Bushnell RXS-250 - fits DPP pattern - more robust than DPP - 4 MOA dot - so better than DPP - costs $150 less - so better than DPP. Has two soft buttons for up/down adjustment - so better than DPP. Battery compartment door isn't as slick as the DPP one. Uses the same battery. Window is smaller than DPP - but by no means unusable.

On my Tactical OSP I have an RXS 250 - I swapped it on after breaking my DPP 2.5 MOA - when it comes back from Leupold it's going to the shelf.

I think many people get a bit nervous or overwhelmed at the thought, process and cost of swapping to a dot. Then when they practice and make that focal shift they understand and the benefits become immediately noticeable. Having an astigmatism myself swapping to a dot made a big difference.
Mike, glad to see you over here brother. I enjoy your content, and I agree with your statements above. Just need to make the switch.

I believe that threat focus shooting is an essential skill set to develop. Psychologically it does induce a degree focus and stress that just isn't present with any other target shooting. It is also one of my favorite skills to hone.

n43QOS3l.jpg

cuVyGFCl.jpg

FehSAAdl.jpg

Billymac, the answer is, "yes".

Mike, glad to see you over here brother. I enjoy your content, and I agree with your statements above. Just need to make the switch.

Thanks man. It took me a long time to stop front sight focus on the pistol all the time event though on rifles I literally have tens of thousands of round with optics all target focus . Once it clicks is like the first time you had pizza , HOOKED>

Back