testtest

Can zero be held w/ QD mount?

inspectagadget

Operator
I found this article a very interesting read….

I use QD mounts on my M4, Sig Optics sight and Sig Optics magnifier. My rail on top has numbers and I have it marked where each QD mount attaches. I've removed them several times for various reasons. For a year or so, I would always go out to the range and make sure my 50/200 yard zero was still on, and it always was. I don't remove the optics anymore now that the rifle if finished but the QD mounts seem to hold zero very well.

I use QD mounts on my M4, Sig Optics sight and Sig Optics magnifier. My rail on top has numbers and I have it marked where each QD mount attaches. I've removed them several times for various reasons. For a year or so, I would always go out to the range and make sure my 50/200 yard zero was still on, and it always was. I don't remove the optics anymore now that the rifle if finished but the QD mounts seem to hold zero very well.
I like your “numbers” idea. Easy but brilliant!! Thanks

I tried a QD mount on one of my AR’s a few years back and although it held zero fairly well I didn’t like it, old school and more comfortable with regular scope mounts.

I found this article a very interesting read….

Great article

I don't think I would use a QD mount for a rifle scope. Just because of the practicality of it. I have no doubt a good mount would stay put though. The QD mount for the 510C that sits on my shotgun definitely holds zero and I ain't shooting a lot of birdshot through it.

Back