testtest

Candelas, Lumens and Everything Else — All About Tactical Lights

Mod powers activated...😜

Alright guys enough arguing!

Any further back and forth comments on this thread that isnt productive to the thread topic will be deleted.

Let's move on to something productive as nothing is gained from the continuous disagreement.

When I was working I carried a Fenix UC35 1000 Lumens/17000 candela and a Fenix RC05 300 Lumens/2000 candela.

Between the two I used the RC05 for most of my tasks, I only used the UC35 when I was approaching a vehicle at night or dealing with a trespasser. Any time I approached a suspicious person at night I'd bright beam them then apologize profusely while telling them I didn't realize they were there. They were still blind and I still had the advantage.

I was taught to NEVER walk around with my light on. I was taught to flash the area, get a general idea of what was going on, turn it off and move.
I know I'm replying to my own comment but I wanted to clarify some of it.

I worked as a security guard for 15 years. This is the site I worked at the longest

20160529_022338.jpg

No need for a flashlight there, except I had to check gas detectors in the building in the center of the photo. In there I had to use an "Intrinsically Safe" flashlight.

FB_IMG_1644738454578.jpg

This was another place I worked that generally had adequate light but it also had some dark spots where I used a light to make sure there weren't any creepers hiding out.
FB_IMG_1652940295443.jpg

And there were a few places with very little ambient light. I walked right up on homegirl here. Curled up next to the heated chicken coop trying to stay warm.

I don't have photos but I checked Electric Substations for a couple of years. One night I was walking the fence in the dark. I scanned with my light, turned it off, walked a bit and turned it on and scanned again.

One of the times I did that I turned on the light and there was a drunk standing in the dark about 15 feet away. I learned from that incident.

Finally, I wasn't a cop but I did occasionally find a car on a site I was guarding. When I did I has to find out who was in it. I hated that part of the job with a bloody passion. Whenever I approached a vehicle I made damn sure to get the light in the person or persons' eyes.

One night I was getting ready to leave a substation I was checking when a tweaker wearing war paint and a bird mask came riding through the parking lot on a BMX bike.

Had he simply been cutting through I would have ignored him but he couldn't have been because the parking lot ended at a wall.

So I got out of my car and I lit him up with my flashlight and asked him to stop.

He went absolutely crazy. He dropped his bike and started screaming at me. He kept repeating "Do you want to see mine MF? Do you want to see mine?"

Then he pulled up his shirt with his left hand and reached into his waistband with his right. I was absolutely convinced that he was going to come up with some kind of weapon. Maybe not a gun but something.

I didn't draw but I absolutely had my hand on my gun and had deactivated the retention device.

Last edited:
Back