testtest

Carbine buffer on a pistol length gas system?

I want to put the sba4 on my ar pistol 10” barrel .300 blackout but it requires a carbine buffer. My upper has a pistol length gas system. Will this work together?

The gas system length has nothing too do with the buffer style length! You can use a rifle length/style buffer system on a pistol length gas system. All the afore mentioned will need to be buffer weight/spring pressure combo'd to ensure proper function. I should've started by asking what is the buffer system currently on the firearm? What works on a 5.56 as spring weight/length and buffer weight/length should work fine on/with a 300bo. I can take any of my 5.56 and 300bo and interchange upper assemblies and all function without a hiccup. All from rifle length gas systems down to pistol length gas systems (mid-length and carbine included). Also function fine without adjustable gas blocks! On the sba4 are you just adding the brace or changing the buffer tube from what is on your firearm? It you have a pistol length buffer tube, then you will need to change the buffer tube. I can't/don't know the laws surrounding anything less than 16" barrels, so I'm not the 1 too ask! As far as the rest of my post I state correctly!

Thank you so much! It is currently a pistol buffer tube and spring set up. I know the sba4 needs a carbine length tube for install

Back