testtest

Carry vs No Guns sign.

So you're out running errands with your edc. One of the places you need to go has a no weapons sign posted. What do you do?
It depends on the state you are in and your state statutes. In Florida for example, a "no Firearms" sign has no force of law and you can ignore it. If they know you have it they can ask you to leave and you have to go or you are trespassing. (there are 15 places where you cannot carry a gun by law but that's another subject FS 790.06 (12)a.). In Texas on the other hand, if the sign is worded as prescribed by law, if you enter with a gun you are in violation of the law. Having a lock box or locking console, or better yet a console vault, is the only option if you have to leave it in the truck. Know the laws where you are.

It depends on the state you are in and your state statutes. In Florida for example, a "no Firearms" sign has no force of law and you can ignore it. If they know you have it they can ask you to leave and you have to go or you are trespassing. (there are 15 places where you cannot carry a gun by law but that's another subject FS 790.06 (12)a.). In Texas on the other hand, if the sign is worded as prescribed by law, if you enter with a gun you are in violation of the law. Having a lock box or locking console, or better yet a console vault, is the only option if you have to leave it in the truck. Know the laws where you are.
True; in MN, I can carry past a "No guns" sign with no repercussions, save that I must (immediately!) leave should I be asked to.

However, I also believe that respecting rights is a two-way street; that is, if I want my rights respected, I must respect others as well...and that means not blatantly disregarding their right to ban guns on their premises.

There was a shooting last week at a Kroger store in our area. I don’t believe Kroger bans guns, but I think if a business prohibits carrying, then that business assumes the responsibility to protect you. If you get shot shopping there, then they should be held responsible for making you whole.

There was a shooting last week at a Kroger store in our area. I don’t believe Kroger bans guns, but I think if a business prohibits carrying, then that business assumes the responsibility to protect you. If you get shot shopping there, then they should be held responsible for making you whole.
I agree... But they will say nobody forced you to disarm, and enter their bldg.

Well now............hmmmm.........pubic forum..............Oh, typo there, sorry.........
Sure not going to publicly commit on this one..............BUT....................

I'm not so certain who/what business can deny/cancel/usurp one's Constitutional right to pack.
If many or most businesses/places posted signs then...................

The smear can hit the fan anywhere anytime and we know that.

The question to myself (or yourself) then is; do I want to risk being defenseless and perhaps lose my life to obey a
(questionable) sign that another person disobeyed to commit mayhem?? Am I willing to be that person (victim) because Murphys law hit on the occasion that I obeyed a sign and was unarmed, even to assist an innocent person or LE??

Now I'm going to contemplate this real hard, from all angles and come to a conclusion...................

Well now............hmmmm.........pubic forum..............Oh, typo there, sorry.........
Sure not going to publicly commit on this one..............BUT....................

I'm not so certain who/what business can deny/cancel/usurp one's Constitutional right to pack.

The question to myself (or yourself) then is; do I want to risk being defenseless and perhaps lose my life to obey a
(questionable) sign that another person disobeyed to commit mayhem?? Am I willing to be that person (victim) because Murphys law hit on the occasion that I obeyed a sign and was unarmed, even to assist an innocent person or LE??

Now I'm going to contemplate this real hard, from all angles and come to a conclusion...................
Thats alot to contemplate.. Or you can just vote with your $$. And go shop at a store that supports our 2A Rights.

Locally an upscale chain restaurant here in the Gunshine State had a no guns sign on their door. Even though we could legally ignore the sign, it was pointed out to them how the sign might be hurting their business, given local values and attitudes. Shortly thereafter we noticed the sign was scraped off the door.

This is quite simple:

Do you have the right to post a political sign in the window of a business that does not want it? Or hold a religious service there against the business owner’s wishes?

It’s absolutely no different than carrying a gun past a sign (legally compliant or no) saying the business does not want you to. If you don’t like it, don’t shop there. Why you’d want to give money to a business that doesn’t support your 2A rights is a question you should be asking yourself first and foremost.

It doesn’t matter “what may go down”; that’s immaterial. If that worries you, go elsewhere; dot, period, end of story.

Where I get my haircut (JCPenny salon) they are part of a mall, the mall has a sign posted No Guns allowed on mall entrance doors JCPenny does not so I enter through a JCP door which is right next to the salon Gun on hip concealed, I know Maria knows I carry and has no issue with it. After my haircut I leave.

The signs have no force of law here. And no one would know I was armed anyway. Nevertheless I make a point not to patronize those businesses. Of which there are very few around here. Walmart and Schnucks have signs asking people not to open carry. I got no issue with that.

Back