testtest

Carrying Full-Size Handguns

Nice article and spot on points. For full size I will carry my commander more than the 5" but have carried both using OWB / IWB. I currently use Versacarry double stitch belts for majority of my carry needs. Wearing shorts majority of the time does keep me carrying the sub compact models but when the jeans go on usually a 1911 does as well.

I carry a Springfield armory 3.8 XDM 9mm. I don’t know if you would consider the barrel full size but the grip sure is. I use a big foot steel core concealed carry belt in a custom leather holster from crooked river leather. It’s not bad to carry at all. In the waist under a T-shirt hides pretty good. Gets a little heavy at times but, I’ve done 5 mile hikes carrying it.
ADCDDDEB-26FF-400F-9369-F76D42DD5F9E.jpeg
ADCDDDEB-26FF-400F-9369-F76D42DD5F9E.jpeg

Mossberg MC2C. 3.9" barrel. Comes with one 13 round and one 15 round magazine. It will be sharing EDC duties with my Shield 9 2.0, eventually replacing the Shield, which only has a 7 round and 8 round magazine. Just need to put more rounds through it and break in the IWB holsters.

Attachments

• 20220828_161745.jpg
    20220828_161745.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
4" isn't really compact anymore. Back in the day when only Commanders or .380s were that short they were compact. These days 4" is full size.
I guess there isn't a standard as manufacturers have their own labels? 4" revolver compared to a 4" semi-auto? Overall size, slim, short it can all be a guess?

4" isn't really compact anymore. Back in the day when only Commanders or .380s were that short they were compact. These days 4" is full size.
Well, I own a S&W 45 M&P 2.0 Compact, and it has a 4" barrel. The Glock 19 is also considered to be a Compact. My MC2C has a 3.9" barrel and is also a Compact. I think it may change to Full Size as you get to 4.25" and above.

Back