testtest

Carrying Full-Size Handguns

1. I'm retired and I can dress (within the bounds of decency) anyway I please.

2. The only "full size" gun I own is a S&W M&P9 (pictured above) and it's not a heavy gun by any metric.

Going by what the article says I'm going to call my Glock 19 a full size gun.

But the point I'm trying to make is when I'm leaving home I'm usually wearing Wrangler cargo pants and some kind of over shirt.

The Wranglers have wider, sturdier belt loops and they're heavier material which makes a difference.

I live in Colorado Springs depending on where you're at in the city we're between like 6500 and 7,000 ft. I don't look out of place with some kind of cover shirt on ever. That aids in concealment.

If I lived in Florida I might have to do things differently.

This is how I dress most of the time.

Allot of people say that the way I'm dressed is some dead giveaway that I'm carrying a gun but (I think I said it in another ddiscussiontoo) I went to Costco with my wife a couple weeks back and I decided to do a little experiment and I looked for people who were dressed like me and I would say every guy in that store over the age of 40 was dressed like I am in that picture.

Last edited:
I would even question whether the various HK SKs should be considered compact. My P30SK is chunky and when I’m carrying it, I know it. My Archon which has a 4.5 in barrel and a fairly large grip disappears in comparison to the SK.

Often a suit. Sometimes square cut shirt and 5.11's. Sometimes a vest. Often 5.11 concealed carry designed shirts. Depending on mission and weather. Tucker Gunleather HF1 strong side holster and double mag pouch and a cuff case, sometimes
I've heard that the material in suits makes it really hard to conceal a firearm. I wouldn't know given I can't remember the last time I wore a suit

I've heard that the material in suits makes it really hard to conceal a firearm. I wouldn't know given I can't remember the last time I wore a suit
The last time I wore a suit was for our wedding, which I bought for that occasion. I have a 2 suits sitting in my closet. One from my wedding, and one for functions. My Dad always said you need at least one suit in your closet.

1. I'm retired and I can dress (within the bounds of decency) anyway I please.

2. The only "full size" gun I own is a S&W M&P9 (pictured above) and it's not a heavy gun by any metric.

Going by what the article says I'm going to call my Glock 19 a full size gun.

But the point I'm trying to make is when I'm leaving home I'm usually wearing Wrangler cargo pants and some kind of over shirt.

The Wranglers have wider, sturdier belt loops and they're heavier material which makes a difference.

I live in Colorado Springs depending on where you're at in the city we're between like 6500 and 7,000 ft. I don't look out of place with some kind of cover shirt on ever. That aids in concealment.

If I lived in Florida I might have to do things differently.

This is how I dress most of the time.

Allot of people say that the way I'm dressed is some dead giveaway that I'm carrying a gun but (I think I said it in another ddiscussiontoo) I went to Costco with my wife a couple weeks back and I decided to do a little experiment and I looked for people who were dressed like me and I would say every guy in that store over the age of 40 was dressed like I am in that picture.
That’s about the way that I dress, and I could probably carry a Model 29, and have it disappear.

If you have a knowledgeable tailor they will tailor the jacket to drape around the gun. Although I rarely buttoned the jacket. I had many suits tailored that way. I also had them place pants belt loops to accommodate the holster. A tux presents other challenges and a shoulder rig with gun, mag and cuff case, and light holder all hanging is about the only choice. I have not worn a suit in a couple years have had little use for them since retiring.

Situations that require me to wear a suit and jacket provide the rare opportunity ( for me) to wear a shoulder rig, of which I have a few. Nice leather jobs ( I also have a nylon tac rig made by a company called Assault Systems). I usually carry a 1911 in these situations with an extra mag under the support side.

I also have a pair of leather shoulder rigs for big revolvers. Namely 8.5" .44 mag and 6" .357. These are for hunting.

Shoulder/chest holster(s) for me depending on where I'm carrying.
1662261493420.jpeg

Somebody’s secret tv career…..🤔🤔

I'm 6'1" and live above the 300th parallel, so I have the "large bones" to easily conceal my larger carry gun, an XDM elite 4.5". Pretty hefty with the 20 or 22 round mag. I use a vedder IWB kydex holster under a looser shirt. Had the claw, but that was bothersome, so took it off. Being in south Florida heat, I usually don't wear an undershirt with this, and do just fine wearing at 3:00. Of course, what the article says multiple times about belts is so true. I use Hanks belts (there are other good ones out there too), and have not had any issues. I switch it up with my Hellcat RDP IWB when the mood suits me. I feel well protected with either gun.

Back