testtest

Cartridge Speculation

SATRP

Master Class
Founding Member
The 10MM is a powerful cartridge.

If it's power as interpreted by perusing ballistics tables that attract hand gunners to certain cartridges over others, what would become of the 10MM if the .45 Super were factory produced? Would 10MM aficionados convert to .45 Super loyalists?

I try to approach cartridges my application. What cartridge would I need to effect an immediate and humane kill of big game animals for which I hold tags? My .270 Win has performed flawlessly. I've adopted that strategy to handgun cartridges. My handgun of choice for mean critter defense is my Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto using 230 grain Fed HST LE +P rounds.

Based upon what I've read, a Springfield Armory 1911-A1, with a few modifications, can be converted to fire the .45 Super cartridge. If I were so inclined, I'd check with Springfield Armory. My guess is such a conversion would invalidate an SA 1911-A1's warranty. However, I'm completely satisfied with my mean critter handgun and cartridge. I have no need for a .45 Super. The point is if demand for the very powerful .45 Super in a 1911-A1 cartridge justified factory production, would it impact 10MM handgun sales?

I like the .45 Super offerings it would make a great woods gun, especially if said pistol is already rated for +p. Changing out your recoil spring and make sure the barrel is fully supported. From what I’ve seen it’s close, in comparison to the 10mm but I wouldn’t see it knocking the 10mm out. I’d say go for it.

Back