testtest

CCW protection recommendations

US Law Shield here as well. Their package appears very comprehensive and as others have said, it is NOT insurance, but rather access to 2A-specific legal representation should an incident occur and you are under police scrutiny. 24/7 hotline, instant local attorney dispatch, and I want to say (I'll have to read my paperwork to be sure) up to $1M in defense costs covered without question.

And the cost is minimal. Barely over $100 a year.

I believe the recently changed to ‘No Cap’. If I remember USCCA as a 1 million cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

An interesting thread and not necessarily what I thought the responses would be. After a lot of research I chose USCCA. They are email monsters and you have to go into your account settings and unsubscribe from some to get a little peace lol. I do really like their quarterly magazine. It seems to be oriented towards mostly newer. Another that I haven't seen mentioned is Second Call Defense. The CEO is a criminal defense lawyer from Ohio and avid 2A and self defense advocate. They have a foundation that pays out and then the insurance pays them, so the insurance company doesn't make the payment decisions. He's helped a lot of people that were in gray areas of the policy. I didn't choose them because of something I don't remember and that was 4 years ago so it may have changed by now.

Unfortunately I'm with you!
Am not plugging them by any means, but have US & Texas Law Shield. They have different coverage's broken down for different needs/desires if it helps. Basic is/was about $11. month. Never needed them yet. But, never know when either? Like auto insurance, it may pay to look around even if having some sort of coverage already to compare coverage's and prices.

Am not plugging them by any means, but have US & Texas Law Shield. They have different coverage's broken down for different needs/desires if it helps. Basic is/was about $11. month. Never needed them yet. But, never know when either? Like auto insurance, it may pay to look around even if having some sort of coverage already to compare coverage's and prices.
Worth looking into for sure?

I carry it because I carry.

Justified use or not, if you kill someone with your firearm you KNOW you're going to be arrested, you KNOW you're going to court, and you KNOW it's going to cost tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars to prove you did nothing wrong. Even if you're in the right.

For less than $15 a month...it's well worth it to me.

I don't think I'll need my gun...but I still carry it. It only takes one time.

I carry it because I carry.

Justified use or not, if you kill someone with your firearm you KNOW you're going to be arrested, you KNOW you're going to court, and you KNOW it's going to cost tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars to prove you did nothing wrong. Even if you're in the right.

For less than $15 a month...it's well worth it to me.

I don't think I'll need my gun...but I still carry it. It only takes one time.
....that’s a few too many assumptions - but, it is usually better to plan on worst-case scenarios. I’ll grant u that !
One minor thing: do you KNOW your $15/mo will get you a Not Guilty ?? (Just food for thought)

Nope.

But I KNOW it won't suck all my accounts dry in the process, regardless of verdict.

And, I KNOW it won't hurt to have a pro in my corner.

And, they're not really assumptions. Look up any story about an event where a licensed gun owner uses their gun to protect themselves. Most any event like that, has a family member who decides to sue. Obvious exceptions are the ones where the guy opens up on a McDonalds and there are dozens of witnesses...but home invasions? Where the only witness is the dog, maybe the spouse?

I carry a firearm because I don't want to take the chance that I'm not the guy who walks away, if something goes wrong.

I carry the legal package because when I do walk away with my life, I want to make sure it doesn't get ruined by legal fees and proceedings.

It ALL starts with an assumption - that one day, we might need to use our gun to protect ourselves. Considering what guns cost...$15 a month is a drop in the bucket, and it gets me a big heaping helping of peace of mind.

YMMV...but it's money well spent for me.

Don't get me wrong, if you want or feel the need to get the insurance, be my guest, I am just saying its not for me that's all, not trying to start any arguments at all, sorry if you felt that way.

Annihilator, pardon my giggles
I don’t think anyone on this thread is taking offense, coming across as argumentative or stirring the pot.
The conversation thus far has been quite informative and plenty of points/counter points for a person to consider.
I for one very much appreciated the open and honest discussion with no underlying tone.

So if I may say my sincerest and appreciation of gratitude to all that have provided insight on the subject!
Hopefully this thread continues to grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depending on the state you live in carry insurance is an excellent idea. In my state the worst thing that can happen to me in a justified shooting is the cops will have my gun until the case is closed. State law provides exemption from civil liability and LE in this state is as pro-gun as it gets.

law suits are simply a potential part of the landscape when you decide to involve yourself in use of force actions. Certainly you can have more of an occasion to be part of such an action if you are part of a security team with an semi-occupational level of exposure to "trouble". Being bonded or insured in some manner is probably not a bad idea. That said, proper training, knowledge and experience is also a substantially important element to any sort of protective services. Sure, anyone can strap on a gun and try to protect other people but it can also be a complete train-wreck if you do not know what you are doing. Im not talking about being competent with a firearm, I am talking about security, life-safety/protective methodology.

And one thing I have not seen mentioned in this thread is what about the self defense incident where you shoot the threat, but in the process you miss one shot and hit an innocent bystander? I'm not sure stand you ground or state law protecting against civil liability would protect against a suit from the innocent's family. To each his or her own, but with the current political climate, walking around with a concealed gun that you plan to use if necessary could cause you to lose whatever you may have accumulated or that is available for the lawyers to go after. I have insurance on our cars and our house and I think it is prudent to pay for some type of legal protection "just in case."

I have USCCA. I talked to a couple of trainers in my area who knew of cases where an intruder was shot and killed and the family of the intruder filed a civil suit. That is where things get extremely expensive even if you win. USCCA provides immediate access to a lawyer. USCCA also has a tiered plan so you can tailor your coverage.

I have USCCA. I talked to a couple of trainers in my area who knew of cases where an intruder was shot and killed and the family of the intruder filed a civil suit. That is where things get extremely expensive even if you win. USCCA provides immediate access to a lawyer. USCCA also has a tiered plan so you can tailor your coverage.
As an aside, what really galls me is the ability of the fam to file some kinda civil suit after self defense is proven in court.

Back