testtest

Cheapest Gun You Shoot Exceptionally Well

wmg1299

Professional
I know from experience that an expensive give will not help a shooter with poor technique. That being said, I generally expect shooters to get some benefit from higher-priced firearms. I recently picked up a 5" FDE S&W M&P 2.0 for $358 shipped on a tremendous sale. While S&W is far from a "budget" manufacturer, the M&P series seems to have always received less respect than polymer-framed offerings from other manufacturers (Glock, H&K, Sig Sauer, etc.).

I shot the gun incredibly well during my first range session, but I though it may be a fluke, or maybe I was just having a really good day. Today was my third range session with the M&P, and it is still looking like possibly the most accurate out-of-the-box handgun that I have ever fired. The only gun that I have ever shot this accurately straight out-of-the-box is my 4" 45 ACP Springfield XD Mod.2. I bought that gun on a clearance sale when Springfield discontinued the XD Mod.2 line, and it is the gun that turned me into a Springfield fan.

Both my M&P 2.0 and the XD Mod.2 are quality firearms, but neither are considered the best in their class. Judging from discussions at different gun counters/ranges, and trash talking on other forums, many shooters consider both of these guns to be members of the "Just as Good" brigade. I can't be the only one getting this type of performance from underappreciated guns. I'm wondering which of your "cheap" or "economy" purchases have other forum members found to perform way above their price tag?

I know from experience that an expensive give will not help a shooter with poor technique. That being said, I generally expect shooters to get some benefit from higher-priced firearms. I recently picked up a 5" FDE S&W M&P 2.0 for $358 shipped on a tremendous sale. While S&W is far from a "budget" manufacturer, the M&P series seems to have always received less respect than polymer-framed offerings from other manufacturers (Glock, H&K, Sig Sauer, etc.).

I shot the gun incredibly well during my first range session, but I though it may be a fluke, or maybe I was just having a really good day. Today was my third range session with the M&P, and it is still looking like possibly the most accurate out-of-the-box handgun that I have ever fired. The only gun that I have ever shot this accurately straight out-of-the-box is my 4" 45 ACP Springfield XD Mod.2. I bought that gun on a clearance sale when Springfield discontinued the XD Mod.2 line, and it is the gun that turned me into a Springfield fan.

Both my M&P 2.0 and the XD Mod.2 are quality firearms, but neither are considered the best in their class. Judging from discussions at different gun counters/ranges, and trash talking on other forums, many shooters consider both of these guns to be members of the "Just as Good" brigade. I can't be the only one getting this type of performance from underappreciated guns. I'm wondering which of your "cheap" or "economy" purchases have other forum members found to perform way above their price tag?
My Rock Island 1911A1, Great shooter, cheap, and overall quality. All other 1911 parts fit it so I will be able to maintain it forever.

Also, price is relative.
Inexpensive to one is a fortune to another.

Some people, $1,000 is like spending $10.

A $1000 gun is pocket change
A guy at our IPSC club has (4) $4K custom 1911s, each one built specifically for a particular type of stage.

I've seen at least one of them choke due to being super tight and him running very light loads.

Also, price is relative.
Inexpensive to one is a fortune to another.

Some people, $1,000 is like spending $10.

A $1000 gun is pocket change
214160BB-E8B3-4E44-ABAF-03DA99039D5F.gif

Back