testtest

Civics Teacher Overrules Supreme Court

I've mentioned several times before that I held a pretty unique position in the local public school system where I had an opportunity to be in many, many different classrooms of various grade levels and subjects from grammar school through to high school over the 32 years I worked there. I've also mentioned just how the teachings ... (not necessarily the curriculum) had changed over those years. The example in this thread is minor to the overall asininity/insanity of the teaching profession.

And those teachers who opposed it are more often than not afraid to speak against these rogue teachers for fear of losing their jobs and/or redicule because the insanity has invaded even the most high levels of public education. I know there are a few who will speak up and I certainly applaud them .... but there needs to many, many, many more or we will in fact lose this entire country to an "Orwellian" future.

Sad, sad, sad!!!

I have had the pleasure of dealing with a Dem principal. I sat in his office and pointed out how stupid his thought process was on a certain thing and I told him, that we can have law enforcement come out ( I was actually there because someone that had something to do with law enforcement asked me to go, because they were afraid if they did it might look bad). I told him the lawyers can discuss it or he can listen to what I had to say and change the policy they were doing as it pertained to why I was there. It changed, at least in the situation I spoke of.
The school was in MN and that was 20-25 years ago.
I have to tell the situation because I think it has bearing on what is going on in MN now.
A freshman in high school, good kid, never in trouble, good student, was getting punched in the face by a sr. in high school, for no reason. The schools answer? We told him (the good kid) that if he is inside and the other kid comes in that he should go outside. If he (the good kid) is outside and the kid comes outside, he (the good kid) should go inside. We offered to walk him from class to class. You have to understand the kid (the bad kid) has a tough homelife.
I said wtf!!!!! I came uncorked. Well actually I was calm and did not swear. But they got my point. I said you are going to punish the good kid and disrupt an entire school because a kid can not behave himself? I get he has a tough home life and that is to bad, but then you need to talk to the dhs about that and stop catering to him.

I have had the pleasure of dealing with a Dem principal. I sat in his office and pointed out how stupid his thought process was on a certain thing and I told him, that we can have law enforcement come out ( I was actually there because someone that had something to do with law enforcement asked me to go, because they were afraid if they did it might look bad). I told him the lawyers can discuss it or he can listen to what I had to say and change the policy they were doing as it pertained to why I was there. It changed, at least in the situation I spoke of.
The school was in MN and that was 20-25 years ago.
I have to tell the situation because I think it has bearing on what is going on in MN now.
A freshman in high school, good kid, never in trouble, good student, was getting punched in the face by a sr. in high school, for no reason. The schools answer? We told him (the good kid) that if he is inside and the other kid comes in that he should go outside. If he (the good kid) is outside and the kid comes outside, he (the good kid) should go inside. We offered to walk him from class to class. You have to understand the kid (the bad kid) has a tough homelife.
I said wtf!!!!! I came uncorked. Well actually I was calm and did not swear. But they got my point. I said you are going to punish the good kid and disrupt an entire school because a kid can not behave himself? I get he has a tough home life and that is to bad, but then you need to talk to the dhs about that and stop catering to him.
Sounds like dyslexia has been in our educational system for far too long and by sounds of it likely still is?
Teachers tenure system is likely part of it and needs to be revamped too for the benefit of encouraging new teachers and rewarding older teachers better than is now. How and fairly is the biggie? Some older and inept teachers need to step down gracefully before they ruin any more kids thoughts as well? School boards and some teachers not doing anyone any favors by supposedly teaching when not capable of teaching well? Sometimes am truly amazed by the amount of ignorance in our educational systems. Is why mentioned dyslexia. Unfortunately isn't something new. Sad, very sad, but far from new.

Back