testtest

Clone guns

Not necessary true, but I get your point.
Reason being is a lot of 1911’s were made under license in WW2 by other makers on the colt tooling for the war effort
Yea, Remington Rand, Singer, Ithaca to name a few, but these wasn’t made available to the public, just military during the war, Colt if I am not mistaken were the first commercial ones available

There wouldn’t be any 1911’s available if there wasn’t look-a-likes out there, Colt was the original 1911…. just sayin
When patents run out that opens/opened the door for other companies to make their versions.

When Colt started making crappy pistols in the late 70's & thru the 80's other companies saw the opportunity to enter the market, plus in the 80's Jeff Cooper, and the action shooting industry took off, increasing interest in the platform.

Last edited:
I like the "look alike " description, my retro ARs are look alikes, especially the ones that I built the lowers for, as they have subtle modern add on that aren't really noticeable.
But as a purist would say, it's an AR/ Colt SAA/ 1911 & 1911A1/ ad nauseum, PATTERN firearm if it's not made by the original manufacturer

Back