testtest

Close encounter with weirdness in my neighborhood

Hmm… surely they have an interactive Deliverance video game out there, somewhere ??
No, wait… that predates plastic pistols, laser attachments and Hi tech gadgets…. Never mind :)

The kid on my truck ( basically my laborer) at work blows my mind man. He has never seen Die Hard, ANY Clint Eastwood movies, Open Range, Godfather, pretty much hasn't seen anything. Movies and TV bore him he says. He's married with 2 small kids and apparently other than boating and camping his only interests are Facebook and video games. He's a good laborer so I keep him around, but he doesn't get any of my witty references and he doesn't like to work overtime so his days are definitely numbered.

My back yard ends at the river bank. In the summer floaters come by regularly. Waaaaaaay back when I first bought this place we used to sit out back and when floaters went by I had a tape I made up of dueling banjos with pigs squealing over it. Those were fun times.
80FFDE73-C009-44DC-8639-B1C096EFAD01.jpeg

I mistakenly called the police on one of my neighbors. He was walking in circles at our cul-de-sac while wearing dark sweats, a ball cap, dark sunglasses, and yellow leather work gloves. I mistook him for a trespasser, because he never walks! In addition, the gloves triggered my spidey-sense. He disappeared behind his house so I dialed 911.

I felt horrible afterwards when the police identified the trespasser as the home owner. My neighbor stopped by later to thank me for looking after his house.

I mistakenly called the police on one of my neighbors. He was walking in circles at our cul-de-sac while wearing dark sweats, a ball cap, dark sunglasses, and yellow leather work gloves. I mistook him for a trespasser, because he never walks! In addition, the gloves triggered my spidey-sense. He disappeared behind his house so I dialed 911.

I felt horrible afterwards when the police identified the trespasser as the home owner. My neighbor stopped by later to thank me for looking after his house.
That sort of thing can’t be helped, Dave… And right-minded people will understand the observer/neighbor’s dilemma.

I’m sure the embarrassment of talking to the cops was overshadowed by knowing someone is watching over him/his family and the neighborhood.
We all need to be vigilant in these crazy times. Good job David.

Back