testtest

CMC mag disassembly ?

TidalWave

Professional
Anybody know how - or if - the springs are removed from Chip McCormick 1911 .45 mags?
Bought 4 recently. Power Mag + with plastic bumper base or whatever.
I can blow ‘em out with contact cleaner but I’m used to taking them down periodically for a cloth wipedown…. See pics. Does the follower come out the top?? Doesn’t seem to want to 40097369-426B-4087-AA86-36F2C797260C.jpeg460B9C4C-3B86-48AF-B364-C1D43DA91C45.jpeg

Put several rounds into the mag or push the follower into the body of the mag with a dowel or some other such device. Put a punch, nail or other slender object through one of the index holes to keep the spring compressed. Remove the rounds or the tool you used to compress the spring from the mag. Remove the follower through the top. Release the spring and remove it from the top also. Reverse the steps to assemble.

Based on the pics it looks like the bumper pad & base plate come off so everything should come out the bottom.

Put several rounds into the mag or push the follower into the body of the mag with a dowel or some other such device. Put a punch, nail or other slender object through one of the index holes to keep the spring compressed. Remove the rounds or the tool you used to compress the spring from the mag. Remove the follower through the top. Release the spring and remove it from the top also. Reverse the steps to assemble.
Purrrfect - Rec, your the man!
Never even thought of getting tension off the spring- maybe I’d have got around to it. Just used to the simpler Mec Gar’s…
I used the wooden stem on one of my Ramrodz .45 cleaning swabs as a dowel - works like a champ !
Thank You so much.
( another great reason for this forum )

Based on the pics it looks like the bumper pad & base plate come off so everything should come out the bottom.
Nah, the bottom of the mag body is folded inward on both sides. It’d take some twisting of the spring. Don’t wanna do that.
Recusant had the procedure; really very simple.
But I’ll prob stick to the spray cleaner more, now.

Purrrfect - Rec, your the man!
Never even thought of getting tension off the spring- maybe I’d have got around to it. Just used to the simpler Mec Gar’s…
I used the wooden stem on one of my Ramrodz .45 cleaning swabs as a dowel - works like a champ !
Thank You so much.
( another great reason for this forum )
I'm just glad to be able to help.

Back