testtest

CMMG Banshee - .45ACP

Any CMMG fans here? After a 14 week wait my CMMG Banshee in .45ACP arrived recently. It replaces Kriss Vector CRB-20 that was great to shoot but just a bit too long and forward heavy. If you ever get the chance to fire one take it! It is way too much fun.

i-dsqQGZW-L.jpg

Anyway....on to the CMMG....

While waiting I procured some SGM 26 round magazines and a backpack for it along with a foregrip stop. I had an EoTech sitting on the shelf that had been removed from the Kriss and it was also awaiting the CMMG's arrival.

As soon as I took delivery of the CMMG I headed back to my workbench to install the accessories, fill up those magazines and familiarize myself with the manual of arms. If you have an AR pattern rifle you will be very familiar with the CMMG Banshee action. It operates almost identically to an AR action. That is one of the reasons I chose it.

While at the range I found the CMMG is much more maneuverable than the Kriss. The blowback design and PCC sized weight of the firearm work together to mitigate recoil to something much less than the venerable 1911. There's almost no movement needed to reacquire the target. The trigger exhibited some initial notchy behavior but after 3 full magazines were expended the trigger smoothed out a bit. Since my initial outing with the weapon I've fired approximately another 300 rounds and the trigger is settled in quite nicely. Trigger travel and take up is similar to a well set up AR trigger with a short and palpable reset.

In closing I'd also highly recommend that you take the opportunity to fire a CMMG if offered.

i-7fwdtcD-L.jpg

i-4Dn4dTg-L.jpg

i-CTxnZMG-L.jpg

i-SM5g5pR-M.jpg

A buddy had a 10mm Banshee that was problematic...to be generous. Lots of issues with it feeding & tearing up brass when it would.

Went back to CMMG a couple times before he gust got rid of it.

Back