testtest

Colt Brings Back the .44 Magnum Anaconda Revolver

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Great news for the Colt snake gun aficionados....Colt has brought back the .44 magnum Anaconda.

Great news for the Colt snake gun aficionados....Colt has brought back the .44 magnum Anaconda.

I figured this was coming. At Shot Show 2020, a Colt representative hinted the were working on large frame revolvers after introducing the Cobras and Python models. I figured he was hinting at the Anaconda. I haven’t even picked up a new Python yet and now this.

I've been waiting.
I bought the new King Cobra 4 inch barrel for my wife and sent it to Magna Port for venting.
The Python was never very attractive to me but I must admit, I do have a soft spot for long barreled revolver 44 Magnums.
No one, except Harry, ever considered concealing a 44. Certainly not me.
They do have a hunting and FUN charm that makes them irresistible.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I think Colt is toying with me by releasing this gun with a $1499 price tag the same week that I receive a previously unexpected $1400. Would it have been too obvious to just call it the new .44 Magnum Stimulus? Well played, Colt.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I think Colt is toying with me by releasing this gun with a $1499 price tag the same week that I receive a previously unexpected $1400. Would it have been too obvious to just call it the new .44 Magnum Stimulus? Well played, Colt.
You know, you are sharper than you think! Some folks don't give you enough credit for being a genius!
The issue around here will actually getting one in the sales cabinet before some other low-life pond scum buys it (before THIS low-life pond scum).

I've been waiting.
I bought the new King Cobra 4 inch barrel for my wife and sent it to Magna Port for venting.
The Python was never very attractive to me but I must admit, I do have a soft spot for long barreled revolver 44 Magnums.
No one, except Harry, ever considered concealing a 44. Certainly not me.
They do have a hunting and FUN charm that makes them irresistible.
You know ..... ol' Harry might have had an actual need for a gun "that will blow a man's head clean off", but in reality I just never enjoyed shooting the .44mag like I do the .357mag. I've had several over a lot of years and never found any one I liked shooting any better than any other. They were all miserable to shoot more than a very few rounds at any one time.

Although on second thought, I did have a 'bang stick' in .44mag one time for dispatching 'hard headed' alligators. It wasn't particularly miserable when used as designed !!! 👍 👍 👍

In all honesty, my Ruger Super Blackhawk was not fun until I installed some Pachmayr rubber grips, polished the trigger shoe (it was eating my finger in recoil) and adopted leather gloves.

Then, it was fun.

Perhaps the most fun thing is its accuracy. I have never fired a jacketed projectile that didn't shoot a hair over an inch at 25 yards (benched). Seriously, it shoots like a laser.
The first time my 125 pound wife shot it, the cost of admission was worth seeing her smile.
She said, "It shoots like my rifle!"

I must also admit, the lure of any Colt product is hard for me to ignore. I have been struggling with the Python temptation for decades now. Their revolvers seem to be so smooth right from the box.

Now, don't get me ragging on Colt's 1911 from the early eighties. It was constructed (and ran like) a contemporary Harley Davidson. Many was the time I strongly considered send it back.

Back