testtest

Combat Rifles of the Pacific War

Good article.

When I was about 11 my parents has a house built and the lead carpenter had been a USMC sergeant in the Pacific. He told me he made 7 landings and was twice wounded. He carried a Thompson and a 1911. He also said most of the gun fighting occurred at a distance "less than from home plate to first base" and there was a lot of hand to hand. He also told me about the size of Japanese Imperial Marines they encountered who were all 6 feet tall or more but the 45 would stop them. He was a hero to me and I enjoyed his stories. I so wish I had been smart enough back then to talk more to him and others like him to get more of their oral history. Most of them are gone now and so many of those stories are lost.

PLEASE, NO, PRETTY PLEASE… start producing M1 Carbines again! Great rifle that was carried by hundreds of thousands of GIs and it is time for its return to the market place.
With modern ammo this short light weight carbine is the perfect home defense and truck gun.
I will take three please. One for my house and one for each of my daughters places.
The manual of arms could not be easier. Runs just like a Ruger 10-22 that every one has and that most kids learn to shoot on.
With Springfield‘s history of producing these and reputation, his is w winner for you. Maybe chambered in Super Carry 30?

Good article.

When I was about 11 my parents has a house built and the lead carpenter had been a USMC sergeant in the Pacific. He told me he made 7 landings and was twice wounded. He carried a Thompson and a 1911. He also said most of the gun fighting occurred at a distance "less than from home plate to first base" and there was a lot of hand to hand. He also told me about the size of Japanese Imperial Marines they encountered who were all 6 feet tall or more but the 45 would stop them. He was a hero to me and I enjoyed his stories. I so wish I had been smart enough back then to talk more to him and others like him to get more of their oral history. Most of them are gone now and so many of those stories are lost.
My dad was a Seabee and landed on Betio in the Tarawa Atoll on December 2, 1943 about ten days after the Marines secured the island. The Higgins boat delivering he and his crew from their transport hung up on the reef several hundred yards from the beach just as so many of the Marine landing craft had in the initial invasion; they went over the side with their wallets in their helmets and M1 Carbines held over head. There were still Imperial Marine holdouts on the other islands in the atoll who could wade between the islands at low tide (there is now a causeway with a paved road connecting them) and take out unwary sentries. Like the Marine sergeant you remember, he said those that he saw, either captured or killed, were all big men six feet or more in height.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Combat Rifles of the Pacific War” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/combat-rifles-of-the-pacific-war/.

Picked up a shoulder holster from World War Supply from your article for my SA DYL Mil -Spec 1911 👍👍
Thanks for the great read and new found company .

E6BDD8F0-85BC-4C74-A448-4EB0EE1CDF37.jpeg

Back