testtest

"Concealed Carry Class" - book by Tom Givens

Jimbo

Elite
If you have $8 and change to spend, get down to your local Ollie's store and get a copy of Tom Givens' Concealed Carry Class: The ABCs of Self-Defense Tools and Tactics. Book retails for $27.99.

There is a lot of really good, practical information in this book. Here's a great quote from chapter 5, Jeff Cooper's Color Codes:
"Not what kind of gun I had, nor the brand of ammo, but this mental system...this is one of the most important weapons in your arsenal..."

"This mental system" is the Color Code system, and it is simply a method for always being aware of your surroundings, and increasing or decreasing your readiness based on what you observe. In other words, as Tom Givens would say, you shift gears to fit the situation.

Great book! I've looked at all the pictures, now I'm reading all the words!

Ollies has stores all over the country. I wonder if they sell this book in the states where guns are greatly restricted. I mean, to sell this book in all of their stores means that they are selling a ton of books. They would have to have bought the whole lot of unsold books from the publisher. I wonder if they sell certain things regionally rather than all over the country. I wonder if they have enough copies to put in all of their stores.

Ollies has stores all over the country. I wonder if they sell this book in the states where guns are greatly restricted. I mean, to sell this book in all of their stores means that they are selling a ton of books. They would have to have bought the whole lot of unsold books from the publisher. I wonder if they sell certain things regionally rather than all over the country. I wonder if they have enough copies to put in all of their stores.
i live in the northeast (New England), and yeah, there are gun restrictions.

but what surprised me, was that there is indeed an Ollies in my state!

Barnes and Noble book store also carries the book and can order as well.
Barnes & Noble, wants $27.99 (paperback)

Amazon wants $18.89 (paperback)

too far for me to even chance driving up to Ollies (in my state), and hope they even have one in stock...(i tried searching at their website, they just recycle thier weekly ads)

and in the end, i can get this training from USCCA, for free.

i dunno......

Barnes & Noble, wants $27.99 (paperback)

Amazon wants $18.89 (paperback)

too far for me to even chance driving up to Ollies (in my state), and hope they even have one in stock...(i tried searching at their website, they just recycle thier weekly ads)

and in the end, i can get this training from USCCA, for free.

i dunno......
I don’t think books or reading about something constitutes training.

Strange, a store I have never even heard of before this thread, I have been in twice in as many weeks. If I go out of my way going to visit mom, I can get to one. I was able to pick up the concealed carry book and the 2020 Gun Digest. Had a fair amount of them. A week later stopped back in to look at something I saw the week before. Both books were gone. Actually that whole section was down to about a half shelf. I guess they move some books.

I'm about half way through the book. The author thoroughly covers every conceivable topic related to concealed carry. Even though you can get the same information elsewhere for free, this book is well worth the few dollars that Ollie's charges. It would be a great gift to someone who doesn't have the patience and determination to dig out all of that info on line, but who nevertheless wants to learn.

I'm about half way through the book. The author thoroughly covers every conceivable topic related to concealed carry. Even though you can get the same information elsewhere for free, this book is well worth the few dollars that Ollie's charges. It would be a great gift to someone who doesn't have the patience and determination to dig out all of that info on line, but who nevertheless wants to learn.
It is a good read.

Back