testtest

Concealed Carry in your Car

I live in NH and I work in Massachusetts and I live close to the border. So while I don't have any worries about carrying here because of constitutional carry laws I can easily cross the border into Massachusetts through many of the small towns without even knowing while carrying and having the real possibility of making me an instant felon in Massachusetts. 😡

I live in NH and I work in Massachusetts and I live close to the border. So while I don't have any worries about carrying here because of constitutional carry laws I can easily cross the border into Massachusetts through many of the small towns without even knowing while carrying and having the real possibility of making me an instant felon in Massachusetts. 😡
Yes, they would be all to willing to arrest you. They would get you on the gun and the ammunition separately. Plus, you would have to have an unrestricted permit or one that specifically said proctection AND the firearm would have to be on your person, a.k.a direct control or that would also land you in cuffs. They are looking for you to screw up so they can revoke your permit. It's one (mistake) and done here.

I checked on Tennessee laws before traveling on Sunday. With the weather being cool and wearing sweatshirts and jackets I should be ok since my gun can not be seen. When I’m driving no issues with having a loaded firearm in the vehicle or on your person.

I live in a constitutional carry state. Last summer my wife and I took my parents out west. We drove from St. Louis to Idaho and hit literally everything in between. I checked all the gun laws in all the states we were traveling through. Iowa, S. Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho. At the time S. Dakota had just passed constitutional carry. Montana I think it was good except you were supposed to open carry in towns and logging camps. Iowa sucks. Nebraska sucks. Just carried concealed the whole time.

I live in Ohio which you have to have a CCW, my brother in law lives in WVA which don’t require a CCW, I can carry over there with no CCW, but he has to still have a CCW to carry in ohio because in Ohio you have to have a CCW.

I live in Ohio which you have to have a CCW, my brother in law lives in WVA which don’t require a CCW, I can carry over there with no CCW, but he has to still have a CCW to carry in ohio because in Ohio you have to have a CCW.

A lot of states with constitutional carry restrict that right to residents only. I think S. Dakota has changed their law to only allow residents to carry without a permit. Either that or they changed it to include non residents. I can't remember now.

I carry and when I get in my truck I stick it between the seats easy to get to. Here in PA I think you can carry in your car doesn't have to be on you.
In PA you need a CCL to have it loaded in your car (anywhere), otherwise the mag (loaded) and firearm have to be separated and not both accessible from one position in the car (e.g. glove compartment and trunk).

Last edited:
In Missouri, even before permitless carry, anyone who isn’t a felon was allowed to conceal a loaded gun in their car without a permit. That took effect at the same time the law allowing concealed carry with a permit took effect in 2003. Before that there was no carrying a loaded firearm on you or in a car. Dating back to 1875.

Back