testtest

Confidence building day

Old_Me

Ronin
i belong to 3 ranges

1) state owned public

2) privately owned public with memberships available

3) a totally private club/range

today, i went to #2. and once there, another shooter showed up, and he too is a ccw holder. the other shooter, also at times, helps others get their ccw, and we know each other.

the range was short staffed. so the manager said to the cashier who was going to be our RSO, "just let these 2 go inside, they know what they are doing, and if anyone else comes in, THEN you go inside"

let me tell you, at the private club i am a member of, i can shoot all alone, and it feels great.

but to have the public range allow someone to go and shoot, with out supervision was like that cherry on top of the cream, or your favorite pie.

it was (to me) a confidence building experience, that someone trusted shooters in a public range, to be by themselves.

could be any one of reasons, he allowed this. i have been going there since January of 2020, i have not had any issues on the property or in the range, and maybe my ccw, proving that i (and the other guy) can shoot???

either way, it felt good, just like at the private club, to be alone.

and of course, i hit my targets and had a blast..

yeah, i took 2 of my collection

1) S&W .380 EZ

2) Glock 44 (.22lr)

this is the target from the Glock

i am shooting at the USCCA range of 5 to 7 yards away (for self defense). can't say how many rounds this is, as i took only 225 rounds today, so maybe 50..??? on this target..??

i have a blast with that G 44...fun gun.....

i know, i gotta get better groupings.

1627941417088.png

yeah, i took 2 of my collection

1) S&W .380 EZ

2) Glock 44 (.22lr)

this is the target from the Glock

i am shooting at the USCCA range of 5 to 7 yards away (for self defense). can't say how many rounds this is, as i took only 225 rounds today, so maybe 50..??? on this target..??

i have a blast with that G 44...fun gun.....

i know, i gotta get better groupings.

View attachment 19468
Was that a shotgun ? 🤔

kidding , just kidding !!! 😆😆😆🤪🤪

i would suggest shoot slow 5 round groups at one of the targets that has 4 bulleyes on it. Shoot 5 rounds at each bullseye. See if there is a pattern. All low left. Some high right, etc …

see if you are consistent with finger placement, grip hold, arms proper stance, … etc .. etc ..

see if that brings in your groups and isolates a factor ???

could also be light conditions, etc ..
I know at one range I go, its darker and I have issue after 10 yrds

Was that a shotgun ? 🤔

kidding , just kidding !!! 😆😆😆🤪🤪

i would suggest shoot slow 5 round groups at one of the targets that has 4 bulleyes on it. Shoot 5 rounds at each bullseye. See if there is a pattern. All low left. Some high right, etc …

see if you are consistent with finger placement, grip hold, arms proper stance, … etc .. etc ..

see if that brings in your groups and isolates a factor ???

could also be light conditions, etc ..
I know at one range I go, its darker and I have issue after 10 yrds
yeah, the range has lights that are spaced out and at the 7 yd there is darkness. 5 yds is better. 10 yds, i start to have a problem even seeing the target, if it is all one color, with only thin lines making the circles.

here is a target i hit with my D/W Heritage back in April at 7 yds.

1627944741616.jpeg

Back