testtest

Confused, so confused...

Sld1959

Hellcat
Just got back from a quick stop at my local shop and so many interesting choices i really liked today. From the darkside in polymer strikers in the Hellcat RPD, and the Sig p365 Xl, to the steel and hammer fired in the EMP 3 inch, CZ P01, and Kimber Ultra Carry II to the wheel guns in the SW 638, SW M66 2.75, to a dark horse i had never seen before in the Taurus 856.

Oh the overload...

Just got back from a quick stop at my local shop and so many interesting choices i really liked today. From the darkside in polymer strikers in the Hellcat RPD, and the Sig p365 Xl, to the steel and hammer fired in the EMP 3 inch, CZ P01, and Kimber Ultra Carry II to the wheel guns in the SW 638, SW M66 2.75, to a dark horse i had never seen before in the Taurus 856.

Oh the overload...
i had the Taurus 856 UL, and i felt every bit of the recoil, with that 2" barrel.

i dumped it, and got the Ruger GP 100 2.5" all steel, 38/357 and it's fantastic.

Oh the overload...
I didn’t know there was any such thing as a “quick stop” at my local shop…
You haven’t been taking any funny meds have you, Sld ?!?

i had the Taurus 856 UL, and i felt every bit of the recoil, with that 2" barrel.

i dumped it, and got the Ruger GP 100 2.5" all steel, 38/357 and it's fantastic.
I have both of these revolvers. I agree with you that the GP100 is much more fun to shoot. The 856 Ultra-Lite isn't nearly as nice at the range, but it is significantly easier to carry. I'm just starting to get into revolvers, and am still searching for the ideal carry revolver.

I'm just glad to hear from the OP that revolvers are starting to show up in stores again. There were many months where Heritage single-action 22's and S&W 642 J-Frames were all I was seeing in display cases.

I have both of these revolvers. I agree with you that the GP100 is much more fun to shoot. The 856 Ultra-Lite isn't nearly as nice at the range, but it is significantly easier to carry. I'm just starting to get into revolvers, and am still searching for the ideal carry revolver.

I'm just glad to hear from the OP that revolvers are starting to show up in stores again. There were many months where Heritage single-action 22's and S&W 642 J-Frames were all I was seeing in display cases.
i agree that as a carry revolver the Taurus 856 UL may be good. but for stopping power, the Ruger GP 100 snubby, loaded with 357 mags, might be better..??? than 38's...??? plus you get 7 shots over 6 from the Taurus....

Back