testtest

Considering a Colt 1911 45acp Gold Cup Trophy...

This is a steal…I’m trying to talk myself out of it.

iu

Hope that helps. :cool:

Ended up snagging the Colt today. Got a good price and 100rds of 45 for free.

I like the wide target trigger more than I thought I would and it's pulling at just under 4lbs.
The included magwell was a nice addition and the front and back checkering on the grip was a must have.

Thanks all for your feedback! Have some pictures.
colt3.jpg

colt4.jpg

colt1.jpg

colt2.jpg

There's not a single piece of plastic on it, that helped my decision. Only thing not metal are the grips.
Great choice!! and nice pictures, I ordered one 2 days ago and I'm anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. There are a lot of great 1911"s that aren't made by Colt and I own a Sig and Kimber and I like them both, but I have to quote what I heard from someone else "if it's not a pony, its a phony" LOL!!! Enjoy your Pistol!!! I can't wait to get mine!!!

Congratulations on a beautiful pistol. I have been eyeing one at my LGS but don't know what I would do with another 1911. I have a 70's era Gold Cup NM and what I have seen of the new ones, they measure up.
You had to go there about the NM!! LOL! That was my second choice, those NM are amazing and beautiful pistols and it truly was a coin flip because I really like it, but my old eyes were telling me to go with the Gold cup trophy just because of the fiber optic front sight. I could replace the front on the NM but I like to keep things original.

Ended up snagging the Colt today. Got a good price and 100rds of 45 for free.

I like the wide target trigger more than I thought I would and it's pulling at just under 4lbs.
The included magwell was a nice addition and the front and back checkering on the grip was a must have.

Thanks all for your feedback! Have some pictures.
View attachment 43006
View attachment 43007
View attachment 43008
View attachment 43009
Very…..very nice! I always have preferred a Colt over other 1911’s, just old school here, enjoy that beauty….congrats!!!

Back