testtest

Constitutional Carry: Know the Law and Know Your Rights

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good article that explains constitutional carry laws and know your rights. I would like this, but with our current administration, this sadly, will never happen.

Good article that explains constitutional carry laws and know your rights. I would like this, but with our current administration, this sadly, will never happen.

Always know the laws in the state you live in or travel to on a regular basis.
Constitutional carry is a state based law not federal, Kentucky is CC but I see it changing due to the amount of shootings and murders. The lawless criminal morons are ruining it for law abiding citizens.

South Dakota and now Iowa are going that way. As someone posted MO is talking militia.
You will still want a permit for recip reasons.
I still say if IL an MN do not get on board, That other states in the union should not recip with them.
Constitutional carry is a state trusting it's citizens. Recip is states agreeing and trusting each other.
In todays world I am looking for people I can trust!

Last edited:
Standardization/reciprocity/simplification between all states is ideal but not going to become reality and the result will be continued and complicated legal webs, especially when an incident occurs.

Isn't it interesting that the state of Bernie Sanders has the most lax firearms laws in the union; anyone 18 or above (that is not a felon, has a record, etc,) can carry open or concealed with no permit or application including minors with parents consent. Lived in that state in 2016 then took an eight minute ferry ride across Lake Champlain and domiciled in NY where I visited a gun shop with a firearm I had owned for thirty seven years along with an active CC permit from the state of Georgia. While having the piece appraised was asked if I had a permit for it? "What"?! was my only response.
Come to find out, a piece I legally owned for half a lifetime along with the squeaky clean background check for the CC from another state meant nothing to NY; I was required to have a permit for that specific piece issued by NY while in the state of NY! Recognizing my complete (and innocent) ignorance the lady handed the piece back and suggested I leave the store immediately and explained I was fortunate to have visited their "Mom & Pop" operation for it was standard practice for other gun stores to call the authorities hence the piece would be confiscated an myself jailed. My domicile in New York state was brief.

South Dakota and now Iowa are going that way. As someone posted MO is talking militia.
You will still want a permit for recip reasons.
I still say if IL an MN do not get on board, That other states in the union should not recip with them.
Constitutional carry is a state trusting it's citizens. Recip is states agreeing and trusting each other.
In todays world I am looking for people I can trust!
South Dakota has been CC for awhile. Coincidentally their law went into effect the day I got there on my trek across the west a few summers ago to Henry’s Fork Idaho for some fly fishing. Which I took as an omen. :)

Standardization/reciprocity/simplification between all states is ideal but not going to become reality and the result will be continued and complicated legal webs, especially when an incident occurs.

Isn't it interesting that the state of Bernie Sanders has the most lax firearms laws in the union; anyone 18 or above (that is not a felon, has a record, etc,) can carry open or concealed with no permit or application including minors with parents consent. Lived in that state in 2016 then took an eight minute ferry ride across Lake Champlain and domiciled in NY where I visited a gun shop with a firearm I had owned for thirty seven years along with an active CC permit from the state of Georgia. While having the piece appraised was asked if I had a permit for it? "What"?! was my only response.
Come to find out, a piece I legally owned for half a lifetime along with the squeaky clean background check for the CC from another state meant nothing to NY; I was required to have a permit for that specific piece issued by NY while in the state of NY! Recognizing my complete (and innocent) ignorance the lady handed the piece back and suggested I leave the store immediately and explained I was fortunate to have visited their "Mom & Pop" operation for it was standard practice for other gun stores to call the authorities hence the piece would be confiscated an myself jailed. My domicile in New York state was brief.

I understand that but I can travel basically anywhere except the east and west coasts, NM and MN and IL.
So it seems stupid to me that I can go to Florida, TX and basically anywhere I want, because I do not want to go to the east and west coasts, BUT I can't cross the river from MO to IL or from WI to MN?
There is really only a couple odd ball states.

Here’s a good site for reciprocity and laws within every state. It may not be completely comprehensive, but it’s a pretty good starting point.

If you click on your state, it will show you who honors your permit and good information about your state laws. Click on any state to learn about their laws.

Back