testtest

Contemplating the major shooters in the collection - handgun edition.

dadoser

Elite
Based on some posts/discussion in this group and others, I was thinking about how I'd rank the major players in my handgun collection. (I left out 22LR, older selections, and revolvers - as I am just not shooting those regularly.)

Tiers are simply based on what I enjoy shooting the most and most often - nothing more; nothing less. I.e. - if the opportunity arose for me to carry a full size for the day, I'd probably go with the PDP FS and that is in my 2nd tier, If a disaster occurred (SHTF) and I had to abandon the house with no plan to return, probably the Glock 19 is going with me simply due to the saturation of parts and magazines everywhere.....and that's in my tier 3.

My EDC is the Sig P365XL w/ Wilson Combat grip - not really ranking this one as I don't think it is in the same category as the rest....but it is fun to shoot as well.

Personally, I don't think there is a bad gun on this list - not keeping anything that is bad.

(Not in any particular order within the tiers.)

My Tier 1 - (obviously bottom row in pic) Staccato P; Sig P229 Legion SAO; Sig P226 Legion SAO.

Tier 2 - Wather PDF-F (brass backstrap) ; Walther PDP FS (brass backstrap); FN 509T midsize; FN 510 MRD

Tier 3 - (These I don't really shoot very often at all - not that there is anything wrong with either - they would do the job if needed.) Glock 19; Sig P320 Xcarry Spectre w/ Wilson Combat grip.

How do you rate what's in your safe? Which one(s) do you gravitate toward shooting more than others?

1711164603167.png

Last edited:
The majority of my handguns are Glock....what does that tell you 🤣. My best Glock is a 21. Not sure about tiering any of my firearms. My top choices would be s&w 10mm pc and p226 357sig. Favoring the 10mm over the 9mm in s&w although the 9 had run excellent! G41 and s&w 1.0 9mm is a close 2nd. The xdm's (40s&w & 10mm 5.25" models) are close to tying the g41 and the smith.

Based on some posts/discussion in this group and others, I was thinking about how I'd rank the major players in my handgun collection. (I left out 22LR, older selections, and revolvers - as I am just not shooting those regularly.)

Tiers are simply based on what I enjoy shooting the most and most often - nothing more; nothing less. I.e. - if the opportunity arose for me to carry a full size for the day, I'd probably go with the PDP FS and that is in my 2nd tier, If a disaster occurred (SHTF) and I had to abandon the house with no plan to return, probably the Glock 19 is going with me simply due to the saturation of parts and magazines everywhere.....and that's in my tier 3.

My EDC is the Sig P365XL w/ Wilson Combat grip - not really ranking this one as I don't think it is in the same category as the rest....but it is fun to shoot as well.

Personally, I don't think there is a bad gun on this list - not keeping anything that is bad.

(Not in any particular order within the tiers.)

My Tier 1 - (obviously bottom row in pic) Staccato P; Sig P229 Legion SAO; Sig P226 Legion SAO.

Tier 2 - Wather PDF-F (brass backstrap) ; Walther PDP FS (brass backstrap); FN 509T midsize; FN 510 MRD

Tier 3 - (These I don't really shoot very often at all - not that there is anything wrong with either - they would do the job if needed.) Glock 19; Sig P320 Xcarry Spectre w/ Wilson Combat grip.

How do you rate what's in your safe? Which one(s) do you gravitate toward shooting more than others?

View attachment 54601
I think i see a theme. Very nice indeed.

The majority of my handguns are Glock....what does that tell you 🤣. My best Glock is a 21. Not sure about tiering any of my firearms. My top choices would be s&w 10mm pc and p226 357sig. Favoring the 10mm over the 9mm in s&w although the 9 had run excellent! G41 and s&w 1.0 9mm is a close 2nd. The xdm's (40s&w & 10mm 5.25" models) are close to tying the g41 and the smith.
IMG_2501.jpeg

Ranking needs a specific criteria to compare, If going strictly by usage these two get the most shooting and carry time.......

".....Tiers are simply based on what I enjoy shooting the most and most often - nothing more; nothing less...."

I was thinking just for the pure joy of shooting. Very subjective, I know. Just pull back and have that discussion instead of:

"2.57" group vs. 2.98" group
"2 failures vs 4 in 1000 rounds"
"Full size vs compact vs Sub-compact vs Micro"
etc,. etc.

Again, this post/discussion question was coming from a pure "pleasure to shoot perspective." not a best, most reliable tool for the job comparison.

I think anything in any of my tiers is probably a more accurate firearm than I am a shooter.

Just trying to wipe away all the minutia and go toward a "Joy of Shooting" perspective,

Think of it more (as in my college days) -
Of the women I engaged intimately with, which were my top tier, etc. (But I would never do that ranking - now or at the time)
or
All pizza is good, but some pizza is better than others.

".....Tiers are simply based on what I enjoy shooting the most and most often - nothing more; nothing less...."

I was thinking just for the pure joy of shooting. Very subjective, I know. Just pull back and have that discussion instead of:

"2.57" group vs. 2.98" group
"2 failures vs 4 in 1000 rounds"
"Full size vs compact vs Sub-compact vs Micro"
etc,. etc.

Again, this post/discussion question was coming from a pure "pleasure to shoot perspective." not a best, most reliable tool for the job comparison.

I think anything in any of my tiers is probably a more accurate firearm than I am a shooter.

Just trying to wipe away all the minutia and go toward a "Joy of Shooting" perspective,

Think of it more (as in my college days) -
Of the women I engaged intimately with, which were my top tier, etc. (But I would never do that ranking - now or at the time)
or
All pizza is good, but some pizza is better than others.
Thanks, but I understood, my post was explaing I would use a additional criteria to base those tiers on, because pleasure in shooting equals more time spent with that firearm, which of course, can equal more carry time shooting, to me, is more of a means to an end and less about pleasure as a goal itself. Sorry if this was confusing...

Last edited:
Back