testtest

Converted Springfield Trapdoor

rangom1

Alpha
Hello, new to this forum.
I have a question. I am looking in the future to convert a springfield trapdoor repro (either uberti or pedersoli) into .357 magnum, that way i can actually find ammo to shoot it!(i live in canada) My question is this: Is there a method that a gunsmith can use to do this conversion that will be permanent/secure? I am planning on using this gun pretty much every weekend or so and putting thousands of rounds throgh it annually. I dont want to have it be fitted with a barrel liner if its going to fall out after a few hundred rounds.
Can anyone please reassure me that this is possible?
Thank you!

Why a trapdoor?
Maybe you can't get them in Canada, but it would seem to me a Chiappa Little Sharps Caliber 357 Magnum, Pedersoli Mississippi .357 Mag Rolling Block or even a BSA Martini Single Shot .357 would be easier.

Anything is possible if you have enough money. I'm thinking it would be a whole lot cheaper just to buy a .357 lever gun.

Why a trapdoor?
Maybe you can't get them in Canada, but it would seem to me a Chiappa Little Sharps Caliber 357 Magnum, Pedersoli Mississippi .357 Mag Rolling Block or even a BSA Martini Single Shot .357 would be easier.
This. By the time you mod a Springfield you’ll have BIG $$$$ in it-enough to buy a Shiloh Sharps or similar I’d think. Lots of very nice .357’s with historic character for lots less coin.

This. By the time you mod a Springfield you’ll have BIG $$$$ in it-enough to buy a Shiloh Sharps or similar I’d think. Lots of very nice .357’s with historic character for lots less coin.
Now I'm going to argue with myself. But it wouldn't be a trapdoor. ;)

Back