testtest

Correct screws for Holosun's 507c on Elite Tactical OSP??

Good morning everyone. New here but not new to the love of Springfield guns. I own 4 Springfields at the moment and probably wont be the only one's.

Now on to my question. I have the Springfield XDM Elite Tactical OSP. I just installed a Holosun 507c on the RMR plate I recieved from Springfield and it came with 2 sets of screws. 4 short screws and 4 longer screws. The short ones seem to tighten all the way down but how many threads are actually catching and will they cause me issues at the range. The longer screws will not snug down far enough at all.

So in short, were can I find the correct size screws? If I'm wrong and the short ones dont propose a problem, then I guess I'm good to go. Just want someone with knowledge on the situation to shed some light on me.

Thanks

I installed the Holosun on my OSP with the shorter screws that came with my adapter plate. I also received a free plate from Springfield and no screws were included. On the factory plate , I am assuming, you would use the factory screws that came in the gun. I've ran 700-800 rounds thru mine with zero issues.

I installed the Holosun on my OSP with the shorter screws that came with my adapter plate. I also received a free plate from Springfield and no screws were included. On the factory plate , I am assuming, you would use the factory screws that came in the gun. I've ran 700-800 rounds thru mine with zero issues.
The plate I got from Springfield, which fits the Holosun, didn't come with any screws either. The screws holding down the stock plate are the screws used to secure the new plate to the slide. You have to use there. And the Holosun came with the 2 sets to attach it to the plate, I used the shorter ones and they seemed to catch atleast 2 or 3 threads. Seems solid enough, bit if yetnto shoot it yet.

Did you add any locktight to the screws that came with the Holosun or is the blue stuff they have on the screws already, good enough?

The plate I got from Springfield, which fits the Holosun, didn't come with any screws either. The screws holding down the stock plate are the screws used to secure the new plate to the slide. You have to use there. And the Holosun came with the 2 sets to attach it to the plate, I used the shorter ones and they seemed to catch atleast 2 or 3 threads. Seems solid enough, bit if yetnto shoot it yet.

Did you add any locktight to the screws that came with the Holosun or is the blue stuff they have on the screws already, good enough?
Surprised no one has answered this. I think it depends on the mounting plate that you got. I found that an easy way to tell which screws you need without tightening them down first is to eyeball the depth of the screw hole on the mounting plate. Then put one of the screws into the screw hole on the red dot while holding the red dot in your hand you you'll be able to see how far the screw threads protrude down past the base of the red dot. For me, the longer screws protruded way too far for the depth of the holes on the plate. So I went with the shorter ones which by eye looked just about right.

Surprised no one has answered this. I think it depends on the mounting plate that you got. I found that an easy way to tell which screws you need without tightening them down first is to eyeball the depth of the screw hole on the mounting plate. Then put one of the screws into the screw hole on the red dot while holding the red dot in your hand you you'll be able to see how far the screw threads protrude down past the base of the red dot. For me, the longer screws protruded way too far for the depth of the holes on the plate. So I went with the shorter ones which by eye looked just about right.
The blue stuff on the screws is a thread locker, you can add more but just a small drop would be enough.
What you described doing to check the threads available that will thread into the top of the slide is spot on. 2/3 threads is probably all your going to get since there is very little room in the milled slide. The proof of enough threads will be putting some rounds down range, if it stays tight with a large amount of rounds shot your good to go, just be mindful to check it often.
I put a Holosun on my XDM Elite 3.8 10mm and the screws that came with the Holosun worked for me, if you have problems try calling Springfield customer service or Holosun for help.

The blue stuff on the screws is a thread locker, you can add more but just a small drop would be enough.
What you described doing to check the threads available that will thread into the top of the slide is spot on. 2/3 threads is probably all your going to get since there is very little room in the milled slide. The proof of enough threads will be putting some rounds down range, if it stays tight with a large amount of rounds shot your good to go, just be mindful to check it often.
I put a Holosun on my XDM Elite 3.8 10mm and the screws that came with the Holosun worked for me, if you have problems try calling Springfield customer service or Holosun for help.
You definitely don't need more. In fact you don't need any. What you do need is a torque driver to properly torque the screws to the correct specs.

I went without the torque driver too, but I have experience enough to know the feel of tension on a screw before its too tight or not enough. But most people don't have this experience so a torque driver is a must in that case. Last thing one wants is a stripped or broken screw.

I went without the torque driver too, but I have experience enough to know the feel of tension on a screw before its too tight or not enough. But most people don't have this experience so a torque driver is a must in that case. Last thing one wants is a stripped or broken screw.
Agreed. It’s what ever works for the individual.

I’m the same way. Never thought I needed a torque driver. Until I went to remove a Romeo 5 off a shotgun and broke 3 Torx bits before having to drill the screw out, screwing up the rail in the process. The tendency is to get the optic mounted as tightly as possible without stripping it, but there is such a thing as too tight. There’s a reason there are torque values assigned by engineers. There’s also a reason why engineers will tell you not to use threadlocker. If the pitch and threads are correct and the screws are quality steel and torqued down properly you don’t need threadlocker.

I learned my lesson.

Back