testtest

Correcting Common Handgun Shooting Problems

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Among the most common shortcomings of students is a lack of familiarity with the handgun. When you come to a class to learn safety and shooting, the instructor should not have to take the time to show you how to load and unload the handgun or how to manipulate the controls. This is time-consuming across the spectrum.

Most instructors will meet you before the class to provide personal one-on-one instruction. After all, they want you to succeed, and this makes for smoother training time.

1694923667354.png

Based on what I see at 4 LGS in my area, the % of folks that even read the instructions or take a class is prob in the single digits.

Growing up there were a bunch of local mom and pop gun/sporting goods stores. There's still several gun shops around and as you pointed out, most of them are full up with meatheads every time you go in. My second favorite store and the one I use for transfers is always full of dumbasses. The guys that work there are good though and so is the inventory. Unfortunately for them the town they are in recently dramatically increased their sales tax. I was there last week and bought a 507C X2 GR. $339. By the time I was done at the register it was slightly north of $370. Won't be buying anything else from them.

Based on what I see at 4 LGS in my area, the % of folks that even read the instructions or take a class is prob in the single digits.
What articles like this fail to mention is the one big outlier:

Maybe shooting is not for you.

There are people who are quite clearly never going to be good at it no matter the amount of training. Just like driving a car, learning to draw, or fractions. Some people just don’t have that gene.

Back