testtest

Crazy?

Am I crazy? I EDC a Glock 48. I just bought a few months ago a Keltec Sub 2000 that uses Glock 17 or larger mags. I am thinking I need to change my EDC to either a Glock 19x or a Glock 45 primarily for magazine compatibility with the Sub 2000. Am I crazy?

Joe

Am I crazy? I EDC a Glock 48. I just bought a few months ago a Keltec Sub 2000 that uses Glock 17 or larger mags. I am thinking I need to change my EDC to either a Glock 19x or a Glock 45 primarily for magazine compatibility with the Sub 2000. Am I crazy?

Joe

If you're talking about whether or not you're crazy for wanting more firearms - no....that's pretty normal, particularly when you've joined a Forum: we kinda enable each other. 😅

That said, whenever I feel the need to buy a new gun, I instead find a training class and put that money towards it and the ammo needed for the class. 😁 I find it more fun (and reassuring) to know that I know how to "run what I'd brung."

If you're asking whether you're crazy for wanting to have "more firepower" on-hand via having a higher-capacity weapon (and one which shares the same magazines as a PCC), this gets a bit more complicated.

Many of us who come to armed self-defense do so out of the way we perceive our daily risks. How you assess those risks is going to be based on your lifestyle and also your personal beliefs - and I personally find it hard to judge anyone else for theirs. Sadly, we don't have that proverbial crystal ball from which we could tell the future with 100% certainty (for one thing, had I know that I'd have to be in a gunfight today, I wholeheartedly believe that I would have done anything that I could in order to avoid that outcome!). What's "enough" versus what's "too much" is never an easy justification.

Crazy? No. I find it entirely sane to examine, change and employ your philosophy of use for all firearms. I don't have any firearms that share a common magazine at all...and no plans to change that anytime soon. But then I don't buy them for the WROL/SHTF scenarios...just for far more mundane reasons...

No need to change your EDC just because you get a new G45. You'll have your compatible pair for doomsday should you need it. Until then keep carrying your nice slim G48. Or do you plan to carry your Sub 2000 and matching pistol with you all the time? Then you might be as crazy as the rest of us. 😇

Back