testtest

Crimson Trace cts 1500

Taco

Alpha
Has anyone seen/used the Crimson trace cts 1500 3moa red dot . So far I've only seen this dot on a SCCY firearms. I removed the one I own from a SCCY CPX2 truck gun and it fits a HellCat perfectly.. size wise and almost co-witness perfect.
I emailed Crimson trace..No replay yet on how or if I can buy the dot separate.

I own an XDS Mod. 2 (9mm) & just viewed Justin's Armory Life video featuring CTS 1500 that's available 'out of factory' with CTS 1500 OSP of the platform.

Does Springfield Armory (or CTS) recommend/sell the CTS 1500 that can be attached to existing platform of owned XDS Mod. 2 & work just like 'out of factory'?

Thanks.

So, new question now. Seems there may be two RDS options for the Hellcat which are less expensive than other models out there which also cowitness at 100% or nearly 100%. The ADE Spike and the Crimson Trace CTS 1550. They are both in the $150 range. A difference is that the Spike is made out of aluminum with glass lens and the CT is a polymer body and I assume a polymer lens, although there is no description of the lens anywhere that I can find.

I know Crimson Trace has been around for a long time. In terms of reputation, would anyone pick the CT over the Spike? I would think the Spike would be worth the try given it's aluminum body and glass lens over the polymer. I also know ADE is known as a budget option all around. I'm not sure how CT is viewed in terms of quality vs. price.

According to CT the CTS1500 is proprietary SCCy and the springfield XDS Mod 2 OSP series of pistols, and can't be ordered on website, can't find on any website as a stand alone, the one problem with CTS 1550 it has a little protrusion on the tail which makes it incompatible with sig P 365x & xl modals the ADE dosn't have this protrusion, with tis romeo zero series because its totally polymer, they added an aluminum protective frame, which makes it to big for some pistol mounts, you have to be very careful that the red dots are compatible with the firearm or you will be paying extra for mounting adapters.

Last edited:
Back