testtest

Crumbleys sentenced

I wonder if the parent(s) of juvenile gang bangers will now be charged and tried?
This may get interesting.
I've personally felt parents should be held accountable in most cases for the actions of their kids for a long time. It seems to me that back when I was a kid, that's the way it was ... or at least that's the way us kids thought it was. There has to be some acknowledgment for extenuating circumstances, but in general parents know when their kids are doing wrong.

I've personally felt parents should be held accountable in most cases for the actions of their kids for a long time. It seems to me that back when I was a kid, that's the way it was ... or at least that's the way us kids thought it was. There has to be some acknowledgment for extenuating circumstances, but in general parents know when their kids are doing wrong.
Well these parents knew something was wrong. Whatever precedent it sets will probably not be a good one, but I have no sympathy for these two.

Oh, these parents knew what was going on with their kid and ignored it. And, knowing the mental instability of their kid, bought him a friggin' gun. I believe once your child becomes an adult and is no longer under your roof, then they are responsible for themselves. Their actions are theirs alone. If I did even half the **** this kid did, I wouldn't be sitting on this forum talking to you guys, my Dad would have killed me.

Oh, these parents knew what was going on with their kid and ignored it. And, knowing the mental instability of their kid, bought him a friggin' gun. I believe once your child becomes an adult and is no longer under your roof, then they are responsible for themselves. Their actions are theirs alone. If I did even half the **** this kid did, I wouldn't be sitting on this forum talking to you guys, my Dad would have killed me.
You got that right.

Working in a school I see parents are more of enabling “friends” than parents. I was born in the 60’s growing up through the 70’s and 89’s graduating mid 80’sMost of the parents for my group you didn’t want to cross and God help you if you got into trouble at school or downtown and they called your house. Parents were at the front of the line to correct you.

Now it’s not so much. I’ve seen parents go ballistic when their kid gets suspended for throwing desks and destroying property (all on video) and they claim it’s unfair or racist or whatever.

The Michigan case has some similarities to the Newtown shooter except the Michigan shooter didn’t kill his parent. The Newtown shooter was mentally impaired and Mom knew it and bought him firearms anyway.

So while I hope this case doesn’t cause prosecutors to start doing over reach stuff the parents especially Mom sort of enabled him instead of just giving him an old fashioned A$$ whipping!

I've personally felt parents should be held accountable in most cases for the actions of their kids for a long time.
May very well be right but if that's the case. GET OUT OF HOW I RAISE EM. Quit using Tax $ to undermine my authority and teaching. Stop indoctrinating them in anti-judeo-christian values and anti-western culture.
I got no sympathy for these jack-wagon "parents". Still this is just another example of it's not all the fault of the $#!+sack that did the shooting. he's sick, was abused, its society, his race, his up bringing................ COWPIES! He was old enough to know what he was doing was wrong end of bleeping story.

May very well be right but if that's the case. GET OUT OF HOW I RAISE EM. Quit using Tax $ to undermine my authority and teaching. Stop indoctrinating them in anti-judeo-christian values and anti-western culture.
I got no sympathy for these jack-wagon "parents". Still this is just another example of it's not all the fault of the $#!+sack that did the shooting. he's sick, was abused, its society, his race, his up bringing................ COWPIES! He was old enough to know what he was doing was wrong end of bleeping story.
Unfortunately as long as federal gov't is involved with local education there will be some amount of indoctrination, anti-judeo-christian values, and anti-western culture happening. States never should have stood aside and allowed the feds to get involved but wanted the promised monies. I seriously doubt they could ever be separated from it now. Much too ingrained. And there's still the monies.

And as far as parents being responsible for their kid's actions, I qualified that statement by acknowledging there might be extenuating circumstances. This kid had some real bad circumstances he wasn't able to deal with, but he did recognize it asked for help. He's still ultimately responsible for his own actions, but those actions may not have come to fruition had he been offered a little intervention. That intervention would logically have come from his parents since he asked them for it directly. Buying him that 9mm handgun was not the intervention the boy needed.

Hi,

I wonder if parents will be held responsible for their children's drive-by shootings?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
I’d say that it would be a hard sell. Unless they knew the kids were posting crazy stuff/threats etc in social media took them to ranges and gave them access to firearms along the lines of Crunkeys in video at a range. And of course if parents posted rap video type TikTok and social media stuff themselves

But then the age thing they should know better. Much like if you let a toddler run around with a knife and he gets hurts or hurts someone it’s on you if the kid is older it’s in them!

Unless they start doing te overreach I mentioned

it's the way it should be.

especially if that kid, lives with them.

Lot a point sure but not a broad brush. You are not responsible for what a 16-17 year old does to a point (minus the known mental issues and enable)

The biggest challenge is there isn’t a traditional family unit. It’s a single parent and I witnessed a ton of older siblings stepping in and being the Dad some in a good way and others not so much.

So like anything there’s not a broad brush that fixes every case.

I see that every day

My issue is they bought him a gun he wasn’t legally allowed to buy himself. Therefore they should be responsible. The law clearly states you cannot give a gun or sell a gun to someone you know is prohibited or dangerous. And there’s no doubt they knew the kid was F’ed up and they bought him a gun anyway. It’s almost as if they wanted him to do it.

Related of course the Min in this case was a prohibited possessor but if the Principal was following School district or board rules

While LE always gets the attention of Qualified Immunity this is a case of it IF (and we won’t know unless someone here is involved in that district) she was following a school district be interesting to follow

Hi,

I’d say that it would be a hard sell...

I'm sure you are correct. I agree the Crumbley parents are culpable. I would hope that law enforcement and DAs would look at obstruction charges for parents who do not cooperate and withhold information regarding any violent crimes their children commit, as long as that's not racist. Seems like everything is labeled racist these days.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back