testtest

Crushed Bug ‘Additive’ is Now Included in Pizza, Pasta & Cereals Across the EU

rmc51

Master Class
As of yesterday, a food additive made out of powdered crickets began appearing in foods from pizza, to pasta to cereals across the European Union.

Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin.

Nope!
No!
Don't think so!
1674692848250.gif

As of yesterday, a food additive made out of powdered crickets began appearing in foods from pizza, to pasta to cereals across the European Union.

Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin.

Nope!
No!
Don't think so!
View attachment 35584
Do you eat bread made with wheat flour?

You’re eating insects.

In fact, most processed food has insects (and other critters) in it.

There is an FDA-set amount of "foreign materials" allowed in manufactured foods. I was taught that in school back in the 80's. None of the bugs in our products are SUPPOSED to be added, as apparently they are now doing in Europe, however. It is an allowance for the bugs and pests that naturally live in and around our food sources that happen to "fall in" over the course of the process...

Keep in mind, I learned about this in college circa 1989...the laws and allowances may certainly have changed since then.

There is an FDA-set amount of "foreign materials" allowed in manufactured foods. I was taught that in school back in the 80's. None of the bugs in our products are SUPPOSED to be added, as apparently they are now doing in Europe, however. It is an allowance for the bugs and pests that naturally live in and around our food sources that happen to "fall in" over the course of the process...

Keep in mind, I learned about this in college circa 1989...the laws and allowances may certainly have changed since then.
They haven’t.

well, this gives a whole new meaning to...."crunchy".....

reason why i don't like crunchy peanut butter....i like my insects smooooth

Do you eat bread made with wheat flour?

You’re eating insects.

In fact, most processed food has insects (and other critters) in it.
I have first hand knowledge of this.

Back in the late 60's I was working in the snack bar at a Holiday Village. HG did you have them out there?

We had to go into the back storage area and up stairs to punch in & out. There was a guy tearing open flour bags making a mess when I was going up to punch out. He was a state food inspector, I asked him what he was doing and he told me that, and don't hold me to the correct numbers as I don't remember the numbers. That you could have like one bug per 5# or 10#, 15# or what ever the weight was, but if you had two bugs, you had to throw out the flour. They got rid of a whole pallet of Gold Medal flour that day.

1674695071162.gif

Yup. A certain amount if rodent feces and insect matter is allowed by food inspectors in a lot of our processed foods. Especially cereals and other grain foods. Like breads and such. Always has been that I'm aware of. If you think about it? From field harvest to factory packaging. It would be pretty hard to bypass 100% of it. Oh well. 🤷 Bring it!

"And more protein for all!"

ditto!
Only going to eat potato chips. I can see that there are no bugs on each chip. Now I will have to inspect each chip. I think that this is a WH conspiracy!!!!!!

View attachment 35608
Often the bio matter is ground up because the food is processed. Therefore, in those cases you will never see it. Trust me You've eat'n a photo chip with some kind of animal matter on it. One time in your life or another. Don't worry though. The insect or rodent matter was fried with the chip. Therefore cooked!👍 Unless of course while on the conveyor belt. 🤔 A fly landed on a chip, s**t on it and then flew away right before packaging? 🤷 However, I wouldn't worry to much about that either.

Last edited:
Back