testtest

CZ Rami opinions

J-doo

Operator
Founding Member
I had a friend of mine talk me out of one of my Sig P365’s. I was looking at replacing it with a 365 XL. I was looking at it today and noticed a CZ Rami. It feels really good in the hand with the extended mag and grip,sleeve. They are the same price and I have a lot of polymer pistols. I was just looking for any opinions on the Rami. Thanks in advance

My brother had one couple of years ago, fed anything, accurate, felt good in your hand, very manageable under recoil, only reason he got rid of it he traded for a G43. I liked it very much, I don’t think you will go wrong, but it’s just my opinion.

Last edited:
Not sure about the Rami but
I recently bought a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical and took it to the range 2 nights ago and I'm in love with this pistol!

The CZ 75 based guns have a great feel and natural grip angle. The Rami is a pretty nice looking piece for a compact.

CZ makes a great product!

Last edited:
I got both the CZ 75 RAMI BD (decocker w/night sights) and the Sig P365. The RAMI feels a bit better in the hand & is my current EDC. It’s not a polymer gun & a bit heavier for a bit of reduced recoil. Both shoot well, it’s just that the CZ feels a little better in the hand than the Sig. I have the full size CZ 75B & as 10mmLife states, feels very good in the hand.

I got both the CZ 75 RAMI BD (decocker w/night sights) and the Sig P365. The RAMI feels a bit better in the hand & is my current EDC. It’s not a polymer gun & a bit heavier for a bit of reduced recoil. Both shoot well, it’s just that the CZ feels a little better in the hand than the Sig. I have the full size CZ 75B & as 10mmLife states, feels very good in the hand.
Guess it don’t feel good in my hands.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1580516701635.png

Last edited:

1580517508935.jpeg

😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

Last edited:
Not sure about the Rami but
I recently bought a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical and took it to the range 2 nights ago and I'm in love with this pistol!

The CZ 75 based guns have a great feel and natural grip angle. The Rami is a pretty nice looking piece for a compact.

CZ makes a great product!
I have the same pistol. I traded a Sig P320 RX for it. I had to replace the mag springs. The guy must have kept them loaded forever. It was still a good trade. I like my other CZ’s too.

I am not sure how I missed this! I have one of the BD 9mm guns and it is very good. In my opinion it is the best of the "choped and lopped" duty guns that came out in the 90s and 00's. It points well, has a decent DA/SA trigger that can be made stupid good with a little love and money, and they are just tanks of a gun. They are based on the Colt Z40/CZ 40B pistols that were designed to be LEO/Duty guns until Colt went bankrupt and pulled out of the deal. You can even find some of them in .40 if that appeals to you.

There are some downsides though. Its a heavy gun, it is fairly thick and it is a somewhat dated design. Before I switched to the 365 in 2018, I carried a CZ 75 Compact over the Rami. Same weight, more ammo and a bit more to hang onto. But the Rami is the best of its very narrow breed and one of the best IDPA bug guns. Compared to things like the Hellcat though, it really shows its age.

I was about ready to send mine off to have the slide milled for a dot until I heard about the 509C MRD. I very much prefer that gun for a "medium duty" gun. I would suggest taking a look at that gun as well.

I am not sure how I missed this! I have one of the BD 9mm guns and it is very good. In my opinion it is the best of the "choped and lopped" duty guns that came out in the 90s and 00's. It points well, has a decent DA/SA trigger that can be made stupid good with a little love and money, and they are just tanks of a gun. They are based on the Colt Z40/CZ 40B pistols that were designed to be LEO/Duty guns until Colt went bankrupt and pulled out of the deal. You can even find some of them in .40 if that appeals to you.

There are some downsides though. Its a heavy gun, it is fairly thick and it is a somewhat dated design. Before I switched to the 365 in 2018, I carried a CZ 75 Compact over the Rami. Same weight, more ammo and a bit more to hang onto. But the Rami is the best of its very narrow breed and one of the best IDPA bug guns. Compared to things like the Hellcat though, it really shows its age.

I was about ready to send mine off to have the slide milled for a dot until I heard about the 509C MRD. I very much prefer that gun for a "medium duty" gun. I would suggest taking a look at that gun as well.
Have you been looking at my collection Epeeist ?🕵️‍♂️. I have the Rami & really like it. It’s my current edc, but I plan on getting more familiar with the P365 & Hellcat, so that may change ( and if I get the FN 509C MRD, it may change again 🤔). But once again, thank you for your insight, it’s very informative.

In my quest to find the perfect concealed carry pistol, I have acquired several sub-compact pistols. In addition to the CZ 2075 RAMI BD Decocker, I have: Springfield XDM 3.8, H&K P2000sk, Kimber Solo, Sig P290, Sig P938 and Six P365.

Of all those, the RAMI is my favorite EDC. For me, it’s the best combination of size/capacity, and it‘s a perfect fit in my hand. I love the DA/SA trigger and am a more accurate shooter with the RAMI than any of the others.

I might rent a Hellcat at my local range today, and consider trading my P365 for that. But, I doubt it will replace my RAMI as my EDC, except when I need to carry something smaller/lighter.

The RAMI is definitely a great pistol, but like any pistol, you try to shoot one before buying to see if the ergonomics are a good fit for you.
4BB40AF1-487F-4FC9-84C5-9E1B4001B598.jpeg
BDDD6C7D-66F1-4603-B4BB-22E55D0A7E9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. I am still on that quest for the perfect EDC as well. I’ve got most of the usual suspects. P365, Hellcat, Glock 42, 43 and 43X. I‘m staring to think that maybe I just like to buy pistols and need an excuse to get another one. Whether I get the Rami or the P365XL I’m sure when the next new thing I want comes along I will have to have too.

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would weigh in. I carried the RAMI for a long while. Since it was discontinued I began looking for other options, although I still have mine. I finally settled on a Bersa TPR9C. It is essentially the same size as the RAMI and is also metal framed. Just think it is an interesting alternative.
PXL_20230724_181234847.MP~2.jpg

I really want them to make a true CZ 75 subcompact in metal frame. I have a Shadow and it is one of my favorite guns. It really changed the way I shoot. Super reliable and extremely accurate. It's the one that converted me to metal frame. The RAMI is nice, but always wanted it to be a little closer to the 75. Have even looked at Tanfoglio, Sphinx and others, but so far nothing quite that close.

I had a RAMI handgun for a couple of years. I have medium sized hands and it was comfortable to shoot. The RAMI and a Springfield Armory P9 are 2 firearms I sometimes wish I still had.

How 'bout that! I had no idea Springfield Armory had a CZ clone! Thanks for the lead. That will go on my nice-to-have list.

Back