testtest

Damn ticks

I can’t stand them either, back in 1996, I got bit by a deer tick, then few days later, my wife noticed a bullseye rash where I got bit. Went to doctors and got diagnosed with Lyme disease. Took a month supply of antibiotics, went back to get tested again, tests showed inclusive, so had to do another months supply of antibiotics. Got rid of it then, so yea, I hate them SOB’s.

Ticks bad, steak good. My ex is a dog groomer, she used to save ticks in a Glass gallon jar of alcohol, one particular bad year she had roughly 8,000 ticks in one jar pulled from dogs and cats.
I’ve found ticks on me but have never been bitten. In New England we gaged tick seasons by mild or extreme cold winters. Mild winter major bad tick season. Extreme cold snowy winter are followed by a minor to very few ticks.

I can’t stand them either, back in 1996, I got bit by a deer tick, then few days later, my wife noticed a bullseye rash where I got bit. Went to doctors and got diagnosed with Lyme disease. Took a month supply of antibiotics, went back to get tested again, tests showed inclusive, so had to do another months supply of antibiotics. Got rid of it then, so yea, I hate them SOB’s.
09DECBDD-2F0A-4C0F-90F9-E61D0AFED5CD.jpeg

@Annihilator after being tick bitten never won another gun fight. 😂😂😂

My back yard runs into protected wetlands. I would use stuff on the dogs but you would still find one crawling on them. I would rather eliminate the problem than "treat" it. That's why I got ducks. Haven't seen or found a tick on a dog in a long time. Now that I mentioned that, I probably jinxed myself

My back yard runs into protected wetlands. I would use stuff on the dogs but you would still find one crawling on them. I would rather eliminate the problem than "treat" it. That's why I got ducks. Haven't seen or found a tick on a dog in a long time. Now that I mentioned that, I probably jinxed myself
Guinea hens are the best for tick control.

In 1974, I went through a combat school outside of San Antonio, at an old Army post called Camp Bullis. It was along about February, warm days and cool nights, and I will say I had never had so many ticks on me as that time. Every day, particularly in the morning, I would get at least ten of the bugs off of me, a few having to be taken out with tweezers. We were issued flea and tick collars to wear, the cat collars on our wrists and ankles, dog collars around our necks. They didn't help much. At home in Eastern Montana, a wet spring usually brought out the ticks, and by July they were pretty much a thing of the past, no bother. I never did a Spring Turkey hunt or bear hunt in Montana, always waiting for fall to arrive.

Regards,
Bill

A good friend of mine got bit by the lone star tick and can no longer eat meat. He is a big time hunter. He still hunts but gives the meat to friends and family.

Back