testtest

Dangerous, Threatening Rhetoric is the Tactic of Tyrants

Recap of the Presidents speech yesterday, that's all I am going to say on it.

dangerous-threatening-rhetoric-is-the-tactic-of-tyrants
Good post Anni.
I for one agree with Biden's comments that the people would need military grade weapons to take on a tyrannical government.
Let's go back to the Revolutionary War when the Patriots took on their government at the time, the British Crown. The British army had muskets and cannons, the Patriots made muskets (and Kentucky/Pennsylvania rifles that were even better), and went and capture cannons from Fort Ticonderoga. The British navy had warships, the Patriots built warships for their navy.
I also believe that the Founding Fathers knew that a potential future tyrannical government would control the military (Army, etc.). It's why they worded the Second Amendment as a "Well Regulated Militia" Vs. a "Well Regulated Army", for which one was in existence headed by General George Washington.
Now a days, cost alone would prohibit the citizenry from possession of current military weapons, unless captured like the Patriots did, or factions within the Military sided with the people against a tyrannical government.
Let us hope it never comes to that here again, but preparation is always the order of the day.
And I must add, that the little I saw of the Presidents speech on this, he looked very confused at times. Which sincerely I find sad.

Good post Anni.
I for one agree with Biden's comments that the people would need military grade weapons to take on a tyrannical government.
Let's go back to the Revolutionary War when the Patriots took on their government at the time, the British Crown. The British army had muskets and cannons, the Patriots made muskets (and Kentucky/Pennsylvania rifles that were even better), and went and capture cannons from Fort Ticonderoga. The British navy had warships, the Patriots built warships for their navy.
I also believe that the Founding Fathers knew that a potential future tyrannical government would control the military (Army, etc.). It's why they worded the Second Amendment as a "Well Regulated Militia" Vs. a "Well Regulated Army", for which one was in existence headed by General George Washington.
Now a days, cost alone would prohibit the citizenry from possession of current military weapons, unless captured like the Patriots did, or factions within the Military sided with the people against a tyrannical government.
Let us hope it never comes to that here again, but preparation is always the order of the day.
And I must add, that the little I saw of the Presidents speech on this, he looked very confused at times. Which sincerely I find sad.

Maybe. Cost should be the only factor though.

Raze the countryside, poison the land and air that we've been taxed and burdened to clean up. Yeah, he's a real leader. Then brag how 'he' pushed through another trillion dollar bill.
Just saw a spot on the TV about how the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff has swallowed this CRT BS . Wants to understand "white rage" says Republicans assaulted the capital with the intent to "overthrow our democracy and the constitution ".
First, there is no "white rage" The news has coined another new trigger. They couldn't remember what they called us under slick Willy. Back then we were known as the "angry white male"
Moving on to "teaching" critical race theory to our military. Those kids don't think black, white, yellow, red or brown. They think, my life is in his/her hands and theirs is in mine. The way it should be. Looking out and protecting one another. Not a thought towards race.
Last, accused the people at the capital of insurrection, plots to overthrow the democracy and constitution. What a sham. And this man is second in control beneath the embarrassment of a president we have over our military. God help us all.

Do any of you guys remember anything about the Lebanese Civil War that started in the mid-70s. Beirut was virtually destroyed and thousands died as the result of the conflict. Most of this carnage was brought about by waring factions armed with small arms and not tanks and planes. We've seen the insurgents in Iraq and the Taliban manage for a long time without tanks and planes. Now, take a large U.S. city the size of LA. Realize that there are more gang members there then all of the groups that fought each other in Lebanon. If armed gangs in large cities should ever become politically united they could take it over using only small arms just like in Beirut. In reality it's already happening in Oregon and Washington state. I've wondered for years if this concern was at the heart of the gov't rush to disarm us.

Raze the countryside, poison the land and air that we've been taxed and burdened to clean up. Yeah, he's a real leader. Then brag how 'he' pushed through another trillion dollar bill.
Just saw a spot on the TV about how the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff has swallowed this CRT BS . Wants to understand "white rage" says Republicans assaulted the capital with the intent to "overthrow our democracy and the constitution ".
First, there is no "white rage" The news has coined another new trigger. They couldn't remember what they called us under slick Willy. Back then we were known as the "angry white male"
Moving on to "teaching" critical race theory to our military. Those kids don't think black, white, yellow, red or brown. They think, my life is in his/her hands and theirs is in mine. The way it should be. Looking out and protecting one another. Not a thought towards race.
Last, accused the people at the capital of insurrection, plots to overthrow the democracy and constitution. What a sham. And this man is second in control beneath the embarrassment of a president we have over our military. God help us all.
Well, I've heard of the Velvet Revolution. Would our January 6th uprising be called the Flagpole Revolution :unsure::sneaky:

Well, I've heard of the Velvet Revolution. Would our January 6th uprising be called the Flagpole Revolution :unsure::sneaky:
Question: are you endorsing January 6 type incidents? I'm not going to touch the rest of the messages in this thread. Strictly asking about January 6 incidents.

Question: are you endorsing January 6 type incidents? I'm not going to touch the rest of the messages in this thread. Strictly asking about January 6 incidents.
I mean, you all know my positions on things like 1/6, which is I condemn the hell out of it, but I'm also careful about what people here say. If you're not endorsing it I'd be VERY careful about comments like that. I have little doubt the alphabet agencies check out forums like this.

I mean, you all know my positions on things like 1/6, which is I condemn the hell out of it, but I'm also careful about what people here say. If you're not endorsing it I'd be VERY careful about comments like that. I have little doubt the alphabet agencies check out forums like this.
I’m sure they do. Along with a million other agencies. Still ( and no I’m not endorsing what the 800 out of 10,000 people did) endorsing the Jan 6 capitol breach is well within your rights as an American citizen. Same as endorsing racism, communism, anarchy and revolution are within your rights.

I’m sure they do. Along with a million other agencies. Still ( and no I’m not endorsing what the 800 out of 10,000 people did) endorsing the Jan 6 capitol breach is well within your rights as an American citizen. Same as endorsing racism, communism, anarchy and revolution are within your rights.
Oh, it's within your rights. It could still bring attention no one wants. Just being pragmatic.

No Ben, definitely not endorsing what happened that day. Those people are criminals that should be dealt with harshly by the Justice System. But what I don't believe, is that is wasn't nor shouldn't be called an insurrection. Call it a riot, violent protest or whatever, but our democracy was never in danger of being "overthrown". If you believe that, than that's your opinion, but then you might also think, that if Flight 93 was never stopped by those heroic passengers, and was able to fly into the Capitol killing God knows how many, our Democracy would have most definitely collapsed. A tragedy yes, but our Republic would have still survived.

No Ben, definitely not endorsing what happened that day. Those people are criminals that should be dealt with harshly by the Justice System. But what I don't believe, is that is wasn't nor shouldn't be called an insurrection. Call it a riot, violent protest or whatever, but our democracy was never in danger of being "overthrown". If you believe that, than that's your opinion, but then you might also think, that if Flight 93 was never stopped by those heroic passengers, and was able to fly into the Capitol killing God knows how many, our Democracy would have most definitely collapsed. A tragedy yes, but our Republic would have still survived.
Ok, cool. Glad you clarified.

Do any of you guys remember anything about the Lebanese Civil War that started in the mid-70s. Beirut was virtually destroyed and thousands died as the result of the conflict. Most of this carnage was brought about by waring factions armed with small arms and not tanks and planes. We've seen the insurgents in Iraq and the Taliban manage for a long time without tanks and planes. Now, take a large U.S. city the size of LA. Realize that there are more gang members there then all of the groups that fought each other in Lebanon. If armed gangs in large cities should ever become politically united they could take it over using only small arms just like in Beirut. In reality it's already happening in Oregon and Washington state. I've wondered for years if this concern was at the heart of the gov't rush to disarm us.

Old slow Joe might want to realize that until we went to war for independence people lined up and went into battle. We invented gorilla warfare when we fought the British.

Back