testtest

Darkening a sling?

I’ve already darkened the sling however what has anyone used to soften the leather to make it more pliable? Mine is still like working with hard cardboard and not comfortable. Until then on Wednesday I attached a Magpul nylon sling to my M1A it’s definitely more flexible and easier to adjust.

I’ve already darkened the sling however what has anyone used to soften the leather to make it more pliable? Mine is still like working with hard cardboard and not comfortable. Until then on Wednesday I attached a Magpul nylon sling to my M1A it’s definitely more flexible and easier to adjust.
Use saddle soap to soften/condition the leather. It’ll make it more pliable, if that’s what your after :)

Well, I found some Fiebing's Medium Brown Vintage Gel at the local Hobby Lobby. Applied it a couple hours ago, and it is a better color, although I think I need to follow with saddle soap. Sling is just as "crusty" as it it was prior to the application. Either that or I just have to use it and break it in...

I'll see about a new pic tomorrow after the gel/dye sets overnight....

Dye it & seal it.

20220304_195637.jpg

Back